The Capra Demon is one of the earlier bosses in Dark Souls Remastered, but don’t think this means it’s going to be an easy or simple fight. In this Dark Souls Remastered Capra Demon boss guide, we’ll be walking you through how to defeat the Capra Demon, as this boss can be a particular big thorn in your side if you let it take control of the fight.
If you need help with any other aspects of this extremely complex and difficult game, head on over to our full Dark Souls Remastered guides hub. There, you’ll find all the information you need to get the hang of the combat and controls, as well as learning how to successfully parry enemy attacks away from you at the last second.
Dark Souls Remastered Capra Demon Boss Guide
The Capra Demon might seem like an especially intimidating boss fight, but the trick here is to never let the boss control the flow of the battle. The Capra Demon might be accompanied by two vicious looking hounds, but with the right tactics in mind you can easily see off both the boss and his two minions.
- Make sure to bring a strong shield, and any Charcoal Pine Resin you have available for the Capra Demon boss fight.
- The Capra Demon wields one great sword in each hand, which it nearly always attacks with in pairs.
- Run past the boss and his dogs, up the stairs on the left of the arena.
- Head right at the top of the stairs, and you’ll come to a small ledge with no way to proceed.
- Turn around, and the hounds should be the first ones up to face you.
- Deal as much damage as you can to the hounds, killing them if possible, and then raise your shield for the incoming Capra Demon attacks.
- If the boss falls down to the ground below, drop down and execute a plunging attack on top of it for some massive damage.
- If the boss doesn’t fall down, drop down anyway and run back up to the top of the ledge straight away, performing the plunging attack the Capra Demon is beneath you.
- The idea is to try and keep the Capra Demon beneath you, and not facing it in straight combat.
- Keeping repeating this tactic of running back to the top of the ledge and dropping down on the boss, and before long the demon will be defeated.
- You’ll bag yourself around 6,000 souls for successfully taking down the Capra Demon.
The Capra Demon can be an insanely tough fight or an easy one, depending on which tactic you use. If you’d rather face up the Capra Demon in straight combat, then be prepared to take down the hounds instantly, followed by using your shield to block the attacks of the boss.
We might be all done with this guide on how to fully defeat the Capra Demon as part of our Dark Souls Remastered boss guides, but there are plenty more bosses for you to face yet. Continue ahead to our Gaping Dragon boss guide, where we’ll walk you through how to tackle the next chronological boss in the game.