Chaos Witch Quelaag lurks in her lair near the very bottom of Blighttown in Dark Souls Remastered, and you’ll be hard pressed to find a tougher boss in the middle portion of the game. In this Dark Souls Remastered Quelaag boss guide, we’ll be walking you through how to defeat Chaos Witch Quelaag, taking her down so you can safely conclude the Blighttown section of the game.
If you instead need anything else on the remastering of the old classic game, you’ll want to head over to our Dark Souls Remastered guides hub. Here you can find a complete beginner’s guide on how to get to grips with the combat and the parrying mechanics of the game, as well as how to master any weapon in the heat of combat.
Dark Souls Remastered Quelaag Boss Guide
One of the Witch of Izalith’s daughters, Quelaag was turned into a half human, half monster creation by the Flames of Chaos, as depicted in the narration at the beginning of Dark Souls Remastered. Quelaag might only be fighting you to protect her comatose sister, but you’ll still be forced to kill this difficult boss in your journey through Lordran.
- If you defeated Maneater Mildred in the swamps at the bottom of Blighttown, she’ll be available to summon for this boss fight.
- Chaos Witch Quelaag can slash either side of her with a huge flaming sword, although you can dodge these attacks if you’re near to the body of the boss, or blocking.
- Following these attacks will sometimes be a stabbing attack from Quelaag’s sword, which comes from over her head and has extended range.
- When Quelaag pats the spider’s head, it’s getting ready to breathe lava around it in a semicircle, leaving the battlefield scorched with blobs of lava.
- Alternatively, this attack can project four or five fireballs at you if you’re far enough away from Quelaag.
- If you’re near the back of the spider body for long enough, it’ll begin to shake, producing a cloud of fire in a cone shape behind its body.
- When Quelaag bends down and puts her hands on the spider, she’s preparing for a huge area of effect fire attack, which you should retreat from immediately.
- Although the boss is immune to fire attacks, it is extremely vulnerable to electricity.
- You’re going to want to move around Quelaag as soon as you’re in the arena, to avoid getting pinned down near the entrance.
- We’d recommend not locking on to the boss for this fight, and attacking her legs instead of the main spider body.
- Make sure to equip armor that’s resistant to either physical attacks, or fire attacks for the mammoth fight against Chaos Witch Quelaag.
- It’s been noted that Quelaag’s AI becomes slightly unstable when the boss has to deal with multiple foes, so don’t be afraid to summon in an ally.
This brings an end to our Dark Souls Remastered guide on how to defeat Chaos Witch Quelaag, but we’ve got plenty more guides on this game to go through yet. We’ll be posting a link to our Iron Golem boss guide, just as soon as we’ve made it to the top of Sen’s Fortress.