The Taurus Demon marks the second overall boss in Dark Souls Remastered, and pits you against a huge oversized monster on the ramparts of a ruined castle. In this Dark Souls Remastered Taurus Demon guide, we’ll be walking you through all the steps in how to defeat the Taurus Demon, so you can quickly dispatch the massive creature and be on your way in your journey through the miserable world.
But if you instead need anything else to do with Dark Souls Remastered, you should head on over to our complete Dark Souls Remastered guides hub. It’s here that you’ll find our full beginner’s guide to the complicated game, as well as details for how to get to grips with the controls, combat, and the intricate parrying mechanics.
Dark Souls Remastered Taurus Demon Boss Guide
It’s a long slog through the Undead Burg to reach the Taurus Demon, and you’ll know you’ve finally arrived when you’re prompted to pass through the white light at the top of a tower. Thankfully the actual run up to the Taurus Demon isn’t that difficult, as you’ll have unlocked ladders that descend down the tower to allow you to climb up to where the boss is waiting for you.
Check out the full list of steps just below for how to completely beat the Taurus Demon boss in Dark Souls Remastered:
- You’ll start on the narrow path, but before you head forward, you’ll want to head up the ladder immediately on your right.
- At the top, kill the two skeleton archers, and head back down the ladder.
- Now head forwards to the end of the narrow path, and the Taurus Demon itself will drop down, beginning the boss battle.
- Immediately turn around the run back to the ladder, climbing up to where you first defeated the skeleton archers.
- Wait until the Taurus Demon is right at the bottom of the ladder, and drop down onto the boss while executing a light attack in midair.
- Even if it doesn’t look like you’ll hit the boss, you’ll still collide with it and deal some major damage.
- Now run all the way to the other end of the path, and wait for the Taurus Demon to catch up with you.
- Roll to the side of the boss when it attacks, and sprint all the way back to the ladder.
- Climb up, and drop down once again on the Taurus Demon.
- Rinse and repeat these steps until the Taurus Demon is no more, and you’re granted a nice payout in terms of the souls currency.
Upon defeating the Taurus Demon at the top of the Undead Burg, congratulations! You’ve now successfully made it through the second main boss of Dark Souls Remastered. But before you there’s a fair way to go until you’re out of this whole area, and for a complete walkthrough for the next chronological boss, make sure to head over to our Bell Gargoyle boss guide.