Assassin's Creed Odyssey is undoubtedly the biggest game in Ubisoft's series to date, spanning across Ancient Greece, with multiple protagonists. In this Assassin's Creed Odyssey guide, we'll be putting together a complete Assassin's Creed Odyssey beginner's guide, including a full list of tips and tricks that you can help you along in your adventure.
Now that we’ve put hours upon hours into the latest entry in the Assassin’s Creed series, we’ve published our full thoughts on the game. For all that and more, head over to our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey review.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Guide
Just below, you can check out our individual Assassin's Creed Odyssey guides on various areas of the game. We've got guides on combat, stealth, unmasking the Cultists of Kosmos, and many other areas of the huge game.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Combat Guide - How to Perfectly Parry an Attack
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Exploration Guide - Should You Play on Guided Mode, or Exploration Mode?
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Map Guide - How to Traverse the Map as Quickly as Possible
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Abilities Guide - Which Abilities Should You Unlock First?
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey XP Guide - How to Earn XP and Level Up Quickly
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Money Guide - How to Earn Drachmae Quickly
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ship Guide - How to Upgrade Your Ship, How to Recruit New Lieutenants
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Legendary Crew Guide - How to Recruit Legendary Lieutenants for Your Ship
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gear Guide - How to Acquire New Gear, How to Upgrade Weapons and Armor
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Stealth Guide - How to Stay Undetected and Take out Enemies Unawares
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Bounties Guide - How to Pay Off Your Bounty
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Conquest Battles Guide - How to Start and Win Conquest Battles Quickly
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Romance Guide - How to Romance Characters as Either Kassandra or Alexios
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Cultists Guide - How to Unmask and Track the Cult of Kosmos
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Stink Eye Trophy Guide - How to Find the Obsidian Eye Fragment
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Atlantis Guide - How to Find and Unlock Atlantis
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gates of Atlantis Guide - How to Find the Four Pieces of Atlantis
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Minotaur Guide - How to Defeat the Minotaur Boss
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Elpenor Guide - How to Track Down and Locate Elpenor
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ending Guide - How to Get the Best Ending Possible
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Tips and Tricks
So, you've just picked up your copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Check out our introductory tips and tricks for the game just below, which include all the details on mechanical changes that have been made for this iteration in the series.
- Firstly, Assassin’s Creed now has a full parrying combat system, making outright fighting a viable option outside sneaking around.
- To parry on opponent’s attack, press both bumpers on the controller, when your opponent initiates an attack.
- When you’re spotted while sneaking around, you’ll get a short reflex window to react where time is slowed down. You can assassinate and shoot arrows to silence enemies in this reflex time.
- Keep in mind that you won’t always be able to assassinate someone in a single hit. To raise the damage of your assassination attempts, you’ll have to find gear that raises your Assassin Damage meter.
- There are often times when the next story quest of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will be a few levels higher than your character currently is. Don’t be afraid to grind out side quests for XP, if you need to level up quickly.
- On the map, you can see side quests and quests that are waiting to be uncovered, marked by a bright gold exclamation mark.
- Remember that you can only fast travel to discovered Synchronized Locations on the map. These are marked on the map by eagle wings, and you need to climb to the top of them to ‘discover’ them.
- Before you head into an enemy camp or fort, don’t forget to use Ikaros from above, hovering with the left trigger and scanning the ground below to pinpoint enemies.
- Don’t forget to scavenge around the battlefield after a fight, for recover any dropped items from corpses. You can take these back to a Blacksmith and sell them on for Drachmae.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Controls Layout
Just below, you can see the complete layout of controls, for whether you’re playing on PS4, or Xbox One, courtesy of Ubisoft.
For now, we’re all wrapped up with this Assassin’s Creed Odyssey guide. However, we’ll be sure to update this guide, as well as our other, mode detailed guides, whenever we uncover anything new or interesting in the latest entry in the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.