Battlefield 5 features a vast array of weaponry, for all four classes in the game to utilize. In this Battlefield 5 weapons guide, we'll be walking you through a complete list of the best Battlefield 5 guns that we've experienced for ourselves so far, diving them up into the best weapons for each of the four classes.
If you instead need anything else relating to the latest entry in the Battlefield series, you'll want to head over to our Battlefield 5 guides hub. It's on this main page that you can find all the essential tips and tricks you need, as well as index of our individual guide pages.
Battlefield 5 Best Guns
Depending on your play style, you might start to favor one gun over the others. This gun will be different for a lot of players, but in general, there will be a few weapons that are best suited to each of the four classes. We’ve listed the best Battlefield 5 guns for each class below, based on our time spent with the game so far.
Battlefield 5 Assault Class Best Guns
Things get pretty chaotic in Battlefield 5, so the Assault class is often the best way to go, able to adapt to close range and mid-range engagements. There’s a couple of different types to go for, offering different firing rates. Given how versatile assault rifles can be, it’s incredibly important that you tweak and specialize them accordingly. We’ve listed the best guns to use with the Battlefield 5 assault class below, alongside some tips on what what items and equipment you should pair them with.
- StG 44 - The first assault rifle you get in the game is one of the best, mostly for its versatility. While damage may not be as high as you’d like, the weapon’s hip fire capabilities seem to suit most of the current selection of maps. It’s got high accuracy too, so paired with a medium scope and you can easily tag enemies from afar. You’ll want to use incendiary grenades and dynamite with this one, treating it more as a submachine gun that can also be used at long range.
- Turner SMLE - By comparison to the last gun, the Turner SMLE is definitely for more patient play. It is pretty hopeless at close range, but that’s what your pistol is for. At medium ranges though, the Turner SMLE is unbeatable, especially thanks to its high accuracy, which goes a long way to counter some of Battlefield 5’s heavy bullet drop and player tracking. You’ll want to pair this with Panzerfaust 100 so that you can fire back at any vehicles you come across, and keep a P38 Pistol by your side in case you are ambushed.
Battlefield 5 Medic Class Best Guns
The Medic Class is all about being able to rush areas and hold your own in close range engagements. Your main goal is going to be to get to downed teammates, so you’ll need a high rate of fire to suppress any opposition. The Best Guns for Battlefield 5 Medic Class are as follows:
- Suomi KP/-31 - In its current state, Battlefield 5 is very much geared towards SMGs. Jump into any game and you’ll likely be annihilated over and over by Medics and Support players using a high rate of fire to beat you to the punch. As a result, we’d recommend you use the Suomi KP/-31. It has an obscenely high rate of fire, meaning that if you shoot first and aim for the middle of an enemy, you’ll come out on top most of the time. Pair this with the Ruby trench Pistol, and the sticks of dynamite for maximum effect.
Battlefield 5 Support Class Best Guns
When playing support, you’ll want to move into buildings with a team, and provide ammo when needed. You’ll mostly be using LMGs, which can be used to defend a choke point by using the mounted stand to improve stability. There’s also a shotgun on offer too. Here’s the best Battlefield 5 guns for the Support Class.
- Bren Gun - If you’re looking to use an LMG in Battlefield 5, then we’d absolutely recommend the Brent Gun. It has high accuracy, and can be switch to a single shot mode to use over long distances.The real joy of the Bren comes from the added stability while firing, making it a viable option when shooting from the hip.
- M30 Drilling - The M30 Drilling is an absolute beast of a shotgun that is absolutely fantastic at close quarters. It’s absolutely the best option for Support players looking to hold down a position while supplying their squad with ammo. It has an impressive range, and as long as you don’t aim too low it’s usually a one-shot kill too.
Battlefield 5 Recon Class Best Guns
Sniping has been made a little easier in Battlefield 5, meaning that matches are currently dominated by them. So if you’re looking to rack up a ton of kills while staying out of the action, then Recon class is for you. Here are the best guns for the Battlefield 5 Recon Class.
- Kar98K - If you’re after a sniper rifle in Battlefield 5 then look no further than the Kar98K. It has the slowest fire rate, but the highest damage, which definitely favors a more patient play style. Ensure you pair this weapon with the Longe Range Bullet upgrade, as this will reduce bullet drop and make sure you hit your mark every time.
This might be the end of our Battlefield 5 best weapons guide, but you can now head over to our additional guides on the game. You can check out our Battlefield 5 building guide, or our Battlefield 5 Conquest guide for more.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.