More from USgamer
There's a whole host of different weapons in all shapes and sizes in Fortnite Battle Royale, ranging from missile launchers to pistols. In this Fortnite weapons guide, we'll be putting together a complete list of the best Fortnite weapons in our time spent with the game, so you know which guns to prioritize when you're scavenging around the map.
Coming into mid September, we’re now supposedly less than a week away from Fortnite Season 6 launching for all Battle Royale players. For a complete compilation of everything we know so far about the upcoming seasonal event for Battle Royale, head over to our Fortnite Season 6 guide.
Best Fortnite Battle Royale Weapons
Just below, you can find our complete list of the best Fortnite Battle Royale weapons that are currently available in-game (rest in peace, Drum Gun). The rankings are mainly based on three factors: firepower, fire rate, and whether they're good up close, from afar, or from all ranges.
- 10: Heavy Assault Rifle - This weapon makes our top 10 list of best Fortnite weapons, mainly because it’s not lacking in any area. With 44 base damage at the lowest rarity, and a pretty high fire rate, the Heavy Assault Rifle is one of the most powerful, versatile weapons that's been added to Fortnite post-launch.
- 9: Grenade Launcher - If you're lucky enough to find an Epic or Legendary variety of the Grenade Launcher, then you've got yourself a gamechanging weapon, especially if you can manage to stick around until the very end of a match. The Grenade Launcher can decimate structures, and can kill an enemy in a single hit, if you've managed to acquire an Epic or Legendary Grenade Launcher.
- 8: Heavy Shotgun - Shotguns definitely aren’t for everyone in Fortnite, especially if you having got amazing reflex times (me). If you’re a dab hand at aiming very quickly, then the Heavy Shotgun is perfect for you, able to take out an opponent in a single point blank shot.
- 7: Rocket Launcher - Need we say more? The rocket launcher can wreak havoc on any player, especially if they’re hiding behind a structure at the end of the game. This weapon can make for a hell of a one-two punch, if you follow it up with a burst from an automatic weapon.
- 6: Double Barrelled Shotgun - It’s basically the same as the Heavy Shotgun, only with even more stopping power. The Legendary version of the Double Barrelled Shotgun boasts a massive 130 damage as standard, and if you can manage to hit a player in the head with one of the two shots, you’re guaranteed a kill.
- 5: Assault Rifle (SCAR) - We’re talking about the Epic and Legendary versions of the Fortnite Assault Rifle here, which transform the weapon entirely in appearance. With a 35 damage rating at minimum, the SCAR version of the Assault Rifle can deal some heavy damage from range.
- 4: Heavy Sniper - This sniper rifle is devastating in Fortnite, with a 150 damage rating at minimum whenever you score a hit. A headshot equals a guaranteed kill with this weapon no matter what, meaning if you’re accurate, you’re going to wrack up kills quickly.
- 3: Suppressed Submachine Gun - Oddly enough, the Suppressed version of the Submachine Guns actually boast more damage than their non-Suppressed counterparts in Fortnite. This means that this type of weapon can kill in merely a second at close range, especially if you’ve got the Uncommon or Rare version of the weapon.
- 2: Suppressed Assault Rifle - This weapon has the element of surprise, while not sacrificing range or firepower, unlike the suppressed submachine gun. The Suppressed Assault Rifle wasn’t added to Fortnite Battle Royale too long ago, but it’s definitely become one of the best weapons in the game in that short period of time.
- 1: Compact SMG - With the fastest firing rate in the entire game, you can’t beat the Compact SMG when you’re in close quarters. It’s great for tearing through opposing structures if you’ve got enough ammo stashed up, and it’ll take less than a second of constant fire to kill another player, even with their shields at full strength.
As we mentioned before, these are our personal best weapons available in Fortnite Battle Royale right now. We’ll be constantly updating the list just above based on Epic tweaking existing weapons, and adding entirely new weapons to Battle Royale.
But where are your best bets for consistently finding some of these weapons in Fortnite? Weapon drops are obviously randomized in Battle Royale, but just below, you can see an overview of some of the locations where you should always be aiming to land, as it’s here that you’re nearly always guaranteed to find at least one or two of the weapons listed above.
For now, you can check out our Fortnite Week 10 Challenges guide. We’re now into the final week of Fortnite Season 5, and if you’ve got any challenges to wrap up from the current season, now is the time.
Video games are great for lovers of merch, and Black Friday is a great opportunity to get your hands on some of that lovely desk-fulling stuff at a slightly cheaper price. On the site we've got the best deals on Fortnite merch, Zelda toys, Pokemon collectibles, Fallout merch, and Minecraft gifts. It's everything you ever wanted in the world of video game merchandising.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.