Madden 19 has revealed some of the rookie player ratings well ahead of launch in August next month. In this Madden 19 rookie ratings guide, we'll be revealing the top 5 Madden 19 rookie players at every position on the field, so you know who's going to be an impact player on which team, from day one.
If you instead need anything else on the next iteration of the flagship football sim, you’ll want to head over to our Madden 19 everything we know guide. It’s in this guide page that you’ll find the full release date and pre-order bonuses for the game, as well as all the details you need on the upgraded Hall of Fame edition, featuring the legendary Terrell Owens on the cover.
Madden 19 Rookie Ratings Guide
With less than a month to go until Madden 19 releases worldwide, EA has released some of the player ratings for the football sim. In the guide just below, we’ll be breaking down the top 5 rookies at different positions across the field, including the QB, RB, and WR positions.
Madden 19 Top 5 Rookies
Firstly, we’ll be detailing the top 5 overall rookies, as recently revealed by EA. These are the top 5 players straight out of the 2018 NFL Draft, regardless of position on the field.
- 1: Quenton Nelson, Left Guard, Indianapolis Colts (83 OVR) - The first lineman off the board during the 2018 NFL Draft, Nelson boasts 97 strength, with a run block rating of 85, and a pass block rating of 82.
- 2: Saquon Barkley, Running Back, New York Giants (82 OVR) - There's a reason Barkley's jersey has been the highest selling of the offseason so far. With 92 speed and 93 acceleration, he'll be hard to catch in the open.
- 3: Baker Mayfield, Quarterback, Cleveland Browns (81 OVR) - Well color me surprised, the Browns drafted a QB. Mayfield boasts a throw power stat of 95, with an 88 throw on the run rating.
- 4: Roquan Smith, Middle Linebacker, Chicago Bears (81 OVR) - Combine an 89 speed rating with an 88 tackle and 87 hit power, and you've got one of the most impressive rookie linebackers within recent memory.
- 5: Bradley Chubb, Defensive End, Denver Broncos (80 OVR) - Chubb boasts pure power, with an 91 strength and 89 finesse moves, all supported by a speed rating of 83.
Madden 19 Top 5 Rookie QB Ratings
Now that we’ve detailed the top 5 rookie players in Madden 19 regardless of position, let’s get a bit more specific. Just below, you can read the top 5 rookie QBs, that are all set to take to the field for the first time later this year.
- 1: Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns (81 OVR) - As we mentioned in the list for the best 5 rookie overall players just above, Mayfield is a standout. With 80+ ratings for short, mid, and deep throws, he’s one of the most versatile QBs available.
- 2: Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (79 OVR) - The successor to Joe Flacco might not even set foot on the field for most of this season, but he’s still an incredibly talented player. Jackson boasts 91 speed and 94 throw power stats, meaning he’s quick on the move and when dishing the ball out.
- 3: Josh Rosen, Arizona Cardinals (78 OVR) - Rosen is going to be your more traditional pocket passer, having an 89 short throw and 85 mid throw accuracy stats. If you want a QB who can stand in the pocket and distribute the ball all over the field, then Rosen’s your guy.
- 4: Sam Darnold, New York Jets (75 OVR) - We’d say Darnold is going to be one of the more reliable rookie QBs in Madden 19. With a 90 throw power stat, along with 86 short and 82 mid accuracy, he should be able to get the ball where it’s needed.
- 5: Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (74 OVR) - Rounding out the top 5 rookie QBs in Madden 19 is the latest addition to the Bills. With a 99 throw power rating, Allen instantly finds himself as the most powerful passer in the game, above Matthew Stafford’s 98 rating.
Madden 19 Top 5 Rookie RB Ratings
Just below, you’ll find a complete list of the top 5 rookie running backs in Madden 19. No rewards for guessing who’s first overall.
- 1: Saquon Barkley, New York Giants (82 OVR) - With a 92 speed and 91 juke move ratings, Barkley is going to hit the ground running for the Giants. He’s the second highest rated overall rookie in Madden 19.
- 2: Derrius Guice, Washington Redskins (78 OVR) - Coming in at second on the list is the latest addition for Washington. Guice boasts 89 speed, 93 agility, and 91 in both carrying and trucking statistics.
- 3: Ronald Jones, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (77 OVR) - Combining 93 speed with 89 juke move, Jones is the rookie RB to go to if you’re the kind of Madden player who prioritises speed over everything else.
- 4: Sony Michel, New England Patriots (77 OVR) - The running back by committee carousel for the Patriots’ running back might have just landed on Michel. He boasts 90 speed, 93 agility, and an 88 juke move rating to cap it all off.
- 5: Nick Chubb, Cleveland Browns (76 OVR) - One of the slower running backs in this group with a speed rating of 88, Chubb makes up for this in pure power with an 85 strength rating.
Madden 19 Top 5 Rookie WR Ratings
The wide receiver class for the 2018 NFL Draft never really had a true standout. Nonetheless, here’s a list of the best 5 WRs taken over the course of the draft:
- 1: D.J. Moore, Carolina Panthers (77 OVR) - The Panthers need a big target at WR, and they might have found it in Moore. He’s not the quickest rookie receiver, but he does have a 94 juke move and 84 catching ability, so he’s a solid pair of hands.
- 2: Calvin Ridley, Atlanta Falcons (77 OVR) - With a 93 speed rating, Ridley can be sure to stretch the field for the Falcons. He also has 93 acceleration, 95 agility, and 91 juke move ratings, making him a deep threat.
- 3: Dante Pettis, San Francisco 49ers (76 OVR) - Pair the 90 speed rating with an 85 catching stat, and Pettis is definitely one of the more reliable WR out of the 2018 NFL Draft.
- 4: Courtland Sutton, Denver Broncos (75 OVR) - At 89 speed he’s not one of the quickest wide receivers out there, but Sutton stands at 6’3”, making him a potential red zone threat for any team.
- 5: Anthony Miller, Chicago Bears (74 OVR) - With 82 short route running and 80 mid route running stats might be nice, but Miller is unfortunately let down by his hands, with just an 80 catching statistic.
But these aren't the only player ratings available in Madden 19, as EA has since released the full roster of ratings for every team in the game. Right now, you can head over to our best Madden 19 players page, for a complete ranking of the top 10 players in the game.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.