Pokemon Quest Guide - Beginner’s Tips, Pokemon Quest Pokemon List, How to Beat Mewtwo - Pokemon Quest Android, iOS, Switch

Evolving Pokemon in Pokemon Quest, cooking recipes, best Pokemon in Pokemon Quest, and more.

Guide by Jake Green, .

Pokemon Quest tasks players with building a team of block-shaped pokemon, and leading them through a series of expedtions. There's decorating, move training and evolutions to contend with, as you slowly get closer and closer to solving the mystery of Tumblecube Island. There's a lot to take in early on, so we put together this Pokemon Quest guide to help you out. You'll find Pokemon Quest tips and tricks, a look at every recipe in the game, and more. Read on for info on the complete Pokemon Quest Pokemon List, and how to beat Mewtwo in Pokemon Quest.

Of course, this isn’t the only Pokemon game coming to Nintendo Switch this year. It was announced alongside Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, which are set to launch later on in 2018. Head over to our Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee Guides hub to get all of the details on the new game, from release date, which pokemon are included, and everything else you need to know.

Pokemon Quest Guide

Despite being a Pokemon action RPG, Pokemon Quest is a very different beast to any of the mainline Pokemon games we’ve had so far. With that in mind, you’re going to want to leave much of what you’ve learned playing the series up to this point, as everything from stats and attacks to type-effects function differently here.

Pokemon Quest Beginner's Guide

There’s a whole new battle system, cooking feature and levelling system to contend with in Pokemon Quest, so here are some tips and tricks to get you started in Pokemon Quest.

• Choose your starter Pokemon wisely - At the start of Pokemon Quest you’ll be asked to choose your starter pokemon out of Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu and Eevee. Elemental strengths and weaknesses don’t work the same in Pokemon Quest, so instead go for a pokemon that has different attributes to those you’ll be able to catch easily, Charmander is a good choice for this.
  • Complete daily quests and challenges - In order to make progress quickly in Pokemon Quest, you’ll need PM Tickets, the game’s form of currency. Check the challenges and quest hub in the menu to see which ones you can complete easily. PM Tickets are key to leveling up your team faster.
  • Remember to collect rewards - Following on from the last tip, make sure you collect rewards from the challenges you do complete. You can do this by checking for an exclamation mark icon next to the quest menu.
  • Sign-in every day - Even if you’re not planning to play every day, you should at least boot up the game and collect the rewards. It will all build up and seriously help you in the long-run.
  • Remember to equip Power Stones - As your Pokemon level up they’ll be able to hold more Power Stones which in turn grant special stat boosts. Make use of these boosts as they will aid you in battle and help your team grow faster.

If you need any further info on Pokemon Quest, from cooking guides and how to get PM Tickets fast, to tips on levelling up your team, check out our list of Pokemon Quest guides below:

Pokemon Quest Price - How Much Does Pokemon Quest Cost to Start

Pokemon Quest is being billed as “free-to-start”, meaning that it won’t cost you anything to download initially. There are however, plenty of microtransactions present in the game. These are mostly used for cosmetic items like decorations which you can add to your base camp. The in-game currency is called PM Tickets, which you can earn naturally while playing the game. They can be used to cut corners too, as you can spend PM Tickets on filling up a HP gauge or finishing a cooking item faster.

Pokemon Quest Mobile Release Date

Pokemon Quest might have been available first on the Nintendo Switch, but it's now just released on iOS and Android, as of June 27. You can hit up either of the links just below, to be taken to the corresponding storefront, where you can download Pokemon Quest onto your smartphone.

Pokemon Quest Switch Release Date

Pokemon Quest released shortly after it was announced so is available to download now. You just need to head onto the Nintendo Switch eShop and you’ll find the game to download. If Pokemon Quest is not appearing on Nintendo Switch eShop, then use the search bar to search “Pokemon Quest”. Make sure you type it out in full, as some players have been reporting that the game is not showing up on the eShop under a “Pokemon” search.

Pokemon Quest Multiplayer - Can you Battle Other Players, is There PVP?

Currently, Pokemon Quest is a single-player only experience. There is no PvP implimentation, and no way to battle other players. Unfortunately there is currently no word on whether multiplayer will be added into the game, so stay tuned for any updates we get.

Pokemon Quest Pokemon List

Here is every pokemon that you can get in Pokemon Quest:

• Bulbasaur
  • Dratini
  • Dragonair
  • Dragonite
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew

How to Beat Mewtwo in Pokemon Quest

Once you've assembled the best team you can, you'll eventually want to face the final boss, Mewtwo. It can be pretty tricky to beat him, so we figured we'd give some general tips on how to win the battle. Here's how to beat Mewtwo in Pokemon Quest:

• You'll need a power rating of at least 15,000 to stand a chance
  • Head in with a Machamp using Submission, and two pokemon with high damage stats
  • Stack power stones which focu on healing, like the Heal on Hit stone
  • Cloyster is a great choice to use as a defensive tank
  • Use Bulk Up with Share Stones

That’s everything you need to know about Pokemon Quest. We’ll be adding more to this guide as we get spend more time with the game so stay tuned for more details.

• Avatar for curtiswilliamhinze94 #1 curtiswilliamhinze94 A month ago
    I got a shiny ponyta...it has bluehair
  • Avatar for ryantrammell75 #2 ryantrammell75 A month ago
    I just got a shiny Magikarp!!!
    I just got a shiny dratini
    I've pulled two shiny Pokemon so far (Spearow and Bulbasaur). Don't know if this helps the odds, but both times, I had made a single-color meal (all apricorn when I pulled Spearow, all honey when I got Bulbasaur).
    And if this helps anyone else, did all icy stone in a bronze pot, didn't get a shiny there, but I did pull 2 Dratini and a Tangela with just the one meal.
  • Avatar for imadeanewaccounttoco #5 imadeanewaccounttoco A month ago
    I got shiny growlithe and duduo so that’s an addition to the list
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #6 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #7 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #8 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #9 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
    Starmie with hydro pump is the best dps in the game, Im suprised you don't have it on the list.. phycic is no where NEAR the best dps in the game lol have you even cleared 12-boss?
    I get why people try Free to Play on console but outside of Fortnight I can't really think of another big console Free to Play game. Especially when monetization is part of the gameplay. Pac-Man 256 I felt handle things well enough. Free to Play on mobile and $5 or so bucks on console and took out the monetization and just let people enjoy it.
  • Avatar for tomasrodriguez32 #12 tomasrodriguez32 24 days ago
    I got a shiny growth on my first try getting a Pokémon
  • It's weird how Nintendo and Microsoft team up to promote cross-play, and for this game, they just don't care :(
  • Avatar for Baneslayer510 #14 Baneslayer510 21 days ago
    I got a shiny Meowth but honestly I couldn't even tell until it said I had completed the challenge get to get a shiny pokemon. It doesn't really look different to me even as an evolved Persian. It has a star in the corner though so I know it's not an error lol.
  • Avatar for danielkhushairi68 #15 danielkhushairi68 18 days ago
    I got a shiny vulpix. But not from cooking rather the daily friendly pokemon. So i guess thats another way to get a shiny pokemon. Simply randomEdited 3 weeks ago by danielkhushairi68
  • Avatar for ritzasajar65 #16 ritzasajar65 17 days ago
    It's a good thing that they're following the national Pokedex on how to evolve Pokemon.
  • Avatar for ritzasajar65 #17 ritzasajar65 17 days ago
    @curtiswilliamhinze94 OMG You can get a shiny?????
    I wonder to know there is pokemon lvls to evolve but if you get a pokemon already passed that lvl when will evolve?
  • Avatar for dallashancock75 #19 dallashancock75 17 days ago
    Just got shiny shellder
    Does any one know what level Tangela evolves? In standard Pokémon games it evolves into Tangrowth if you level up while knowing ancient power. Does that mean I have to reteach Tangela until she learns ancient power? Or does it evolve at a certain level
  • Avatar for christophermo02 #21 christophermo02 15 days ago
    Hey guys, im trying to get an alekezam and have been cooking with the silver pot. I got a level 59 abra. Does anyone know if it would still be able to evolve?
    @Noodle2002 you cant evolve it because its not first gen i believe
    Hey guys I got a lv 30 Machop is it still able to evolve?
  • Avatar for maddilensing04 #24 maddilensing04 12 days ago
    I got a shiny poliwag! Color difference was so subtle I didn’t even notice at first!
  • Avatar for răzvanzinca92 #25 răzvanzinca92 12 days ago
    @Ritsu-Anime Yes, it still can evolve
    So I brought a level 55 Abra into my camp, any idea on how to make him evolve since he's way past his evolution level?
    Deleted 6 days ago by Drudd
    The recipe for the Ground food is 2 Fossils and 3 Big Roots, found this through testing. Tried the combination thinking it seemed kinda Groundy and it turned out to be correct. Got a Cubone from this.
    @Noodle2002 Tangrowth isn't in this game because it was introduced in Gen 4, Diamond & Pearl. Quest only has Gen 1 so unfortunately you can't obtain later-Gen evolutions like Tangrowth (4), Crobat (2), Slowing (2), Magnezone (4), etc.
    What's the best way to get a shiny pokemon? I wasn't aware that you could get them, but I would like to have one.
    If I get a level 57 machop from the pot how do I evolve it?
    The best way to level up and evolve is by cooking and attracting the same type of Pokemons, then use them for training. There's the app that helped me a lot when I played Pokemon Quest. It generates the recipes based on how many ingredients you have, and you can filter by pot, quality or recipe type.

For Apple devices, Quest Recipe Guide: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quest-recipe-guide/id1412495863?ls=1&mt=8.
    For Android devices, Pokemon Quest Recipes: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jjhe.pokemonquestrecipe
  • My first shiny was after getting about 100 Pokémon to my camp. It’s an exeggcute.
    @christophermo02 yes it will. It will evolve as soon as it levels up 1 level
    Why doesn’t Onix evolve?
    @rennix level it up just one time per evolve
  • Avatar for Tobirama-Senju #38 Tobirama-Senju 2 days ago
    @xXKiwieXx onix evolves to steelix which is gen 2Edited 2 days ago by Tobirama-Senju
    Are you retarded? For one, the best buffer is Machop, because Machops bingos can go up to 45% cooldown ratio of the move bulk up, and it's usually a 20 second cooldown for each bulk up you apply, and each stack has its own cooldown, without Machop, it takes 8 seconds to cast each bulk up, so 3 stacks requires a 24 second cast time, but with machops 45% CDR, it's less then 15 seconds to get all 3 stacks off, and 3 stacks gives a 80% buff, the cap, to every Pokemon on your team. And for two, psychic is not the best fucking DPS in the game. Starmie hydro pump is. People are getting 1:00 clears on the last stage with that. Nobody even uses psychic Alakazam as the "best team" you're so dumb. At least do some research. Even Vine whip on a Bulbasaur is better then psychic. And you also forget that evolving pokemon lower the bingos you receive. You seem to be very misinformed on everything, I don't think creating this guide was your best idea.
    EDIT: Yeah...stick to a beginner's guide. Sorry if this sounded harsh. But I hate misleading content. People like Verlisify are annoying. But you actually changed everything around. I believe that you do not have any misleading motives, so therefore I am not annoyed at you.Edited 5 times. Last edited Yesterday by hterrance15
  • Avatar for deborahbalogh #40 deborahbalogh Yesterday
    Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. Sambo. I am DEBORAH BALOGH from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr. Sambo online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr. Sambo via his E-mail divinespellhome@gmail.com and he did not responds to me in time and I went back to the same testimony for his mobile number and I called him immediately +2348145810121 and he respond to my call. He welcome me as a daughter and I explain my four years situation to him and he said is done just as I have contacted him and I believed in him. Dr. Sambo sends me some herbal medication for herpes cure and he gave me instruction on what to do and I obeyed his instruction. Changes started after three days of applying the herbal medication. I went to the same CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for test and i was herpes negative. I do not know how to thanks Dr. Sambo for saving my life. To God be the Glory, I am living healthy with my family today.

Indeed, Dr. Sambo is a great man

divinespellhome@gmail.com

Dr. Sambo Whats,App.+2348145810121

God bless Dr. Sambo for his good work...
  • Avatar for deborahbalogh #41 deborahbalogh Yesterday

Indeed, Dr. Sambo is a great man

divinespellhome@gmail.com

Dr. Sambo Whats,App.+2348145810121

God bless Dr. Sambo for his good work...
  • Avatar for deborahbalogh #42 deborahbalogh Yesterday

Indeed, Dr. Sambo is a great man

divinespellhome@gmail.com

Dr. Sambo Whats,App.+2348145810121

God bless Dr. Sambo for his good work...

Comments