Evolution is incredibly important in Pokemon Quest. Not only does it allow you access to every pokemon in the game, but it also let's you get new moves for particular pokemon. That's why we've been busy pulling together all of the info you need to know about Pokemon Quest Evolution in this handy Pokemon Quest Evolve Guide. It has all of the Pokemon Quest Evolve Levels, tips on how to get XP and level up fast, info on what level Abra, Machop, and other pokemon evolve at, and details on how to evolve pokemon in Pokemon Quest.
If you’re looking for something else in Pokemon Quest, head over to our Pokemon Quest Guides Hub, where you’ll find beginner’s tips and tricks, a mobile release date, a recipe and ingredients guide, and more. For details on the other Pokemon game releasing on Nintendo Switch this year; Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, visit our Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee guides hub.
Pokemon Quest Evolution
If you’re looking to evolve pokemon in Pokemon Quest, you’ll have to train them up to a certain level first. This can be done in a number of ways, with a few being more worthwhile than others. Let’s start with the basics. how to level up Pokemon in Pokemon Quest.
How to Level Up Fast in Pokemon Quest
After a certain amount of XP is earned, Pokemon will level up. You earn XP predominantly through Expeditions, with pokemon in your team gaining it as they fight. There are bonuses added at the end of each Expedition, and you’ll see how much XP has been earned. If you would like to level up a pokemon in Pokemon Quest more quickly, you can use the Level Up Training feature. This is located in the menu for the pokemon you wish to train, simply select the pokemon and click on the Training Menu. In order to level up your pokemon, you’ll need to add in some pokemon for it to train against. To do this, drag some pokemon that you aren’t using in your active team into the support slots. If you can, use pokemon of the same type as the one you are training as you will be granted an XP bonus. While training is going on you won’t have access to any of the pokemon involved, so be sure to choose wisely. You can speed the process along by spending PM Tickets. Once the training is complete, your pokemon will have levelled up.
How to Evolve Pokemon in Pokemon Quest
Once you hit a certain level, your pokemon will evolve automatically. This level varies for each pokemon, but seems to be the same as the evolution level from previous games. You’ll gain extra HP and ATK stats after levelling up, so evolving your pokemon is a good way to make them stronger. The only pokemon that evolves differently is Eevee, find all the details in our Pokemon Quest Eevee Evolution Guide
To stop pokemon from evolving in Pokemon Quest, you can give it an everstone. This is an available option for every pokemon, and you don’t have to collect everstones like in other games. Instead, select a pokemon and click the “OFF” tab in the top right hand corner. This will then switch to “ON” as you will have given that pokemon an everstone. This pokemon will now no longer evolve. If you change your mind later on and want to evolve a pokemon, just select “ON”. We’ve included an image below pointing out exactly which button to press in the character menu. Your pokemon will then evolve at the next level, given you’ve reached the evolution level already.
Pokemon Quest Evolve Levels - When do Pokemon Evolve in Pokemon Quest
We've put together this list of evolve levels for pokemon in Pokemon Quest. Generally, pokemon evolve at the same level as they do in other games, but there are a handful that work a little bit differently. These include Pokemon Quest Abra Evolution, Pokemon Quest Onix Evolution, and more.
- Paras Evolution Level - Level 24
- Abra Evolution Level, what level does Abra evolve in Pokemon Quest - Level 16 (there are also reports of Abra taking as long as level 30 to evolve)
- Kadabra Evolution Level - Level 36
- Machop Evolution Level - Level 28
- Machoke Evolution Level - Level 36
- Eevee Evolution Level - Level 36
- Ponyta Evolution Level - Level 40
Pokemon Quest Evolution List
Now that we've shown you some notable examples for pokemon that evolve at different levels than usual, we figured you'd want to see a full list of every evolve level in Pokemon Quest:
- Abra - Level 16 (Kadabra)
- Bellsprout - Level 21 (Weepinbell)
- Bulbasaur - Level 16 (Ivysaur)
- Caterpie - Level 7 (Metapod)
- Charmander - Level 16 (Charmeleon)
- Charmeleon - Level 36 (Charizard)
- Clefairy - Level 36 (Clefable)
- Cubone - Level 28 (Marowak)
- Diglett - Level 26 (Dugtrio)
- Doduo - Level 31 (Dodrio)
- Dratini - Level 30 (Dragonair)
- Dragonair - Level 55 (Dragonite)
- Drowzee - Level 26 (Hypno)
- Eevee - Level 36 (Vaporeon / Jolteon / Flareon)
- Ekans - Level 22 (Arbok)
- Gastly - Level 25 (Haunter)
- Geodude - Level 25 (Graveler)
- Gloom - Level 36 (Vileplume)
- Goldeen - Level 33 (Seaking)
- Graveler - Level 36 (Golem)
- Grimer - Level 38 (Muk)
- Growlithe - Level 36 (Arcanine)
- Haunter - Level 36 (Gengar)
- Horsea - Level 32 (Seadra)
- Ivysaur - Level 32 (Venusaur)
- Jigglypuff - Level 36 (Wigglytuff)
- Kabuto - Level 40 (Kabutops)
- Kadabra - Level 36 (Alakazam)
- Kakuna - Level 10 (Beedrill)
- Koffing - Level 35 (Weezing)
- Krabby - Level 28 (Kingler)
- Machop - Level 28 (Machoke
- Machoke - Level 36 (Machamp)
- Magnemite - Level 30 (Magneton)
- Magikarp - Level 20 (Gyarados)
- Mankey - Level 28 (Primeape)
- Meowth - Level 28 (Persian)
- Metapod - Level 10 (Butterfree)
- Nidoran - Level 16
- Nidorina or Nidorino - Level 36 (Nidoqueen or Nidoking)
- Oddish - Level 21 (Gloom)
- Omanyte - Level 40 (Omastar)
- Paras - Level 24 (Parasect)
- Pidgey - Level 18 (Pidgeotto)
- Pidgeotto - Level 36 (Pidgeot)
- Pikachu - Level 22 (Raichu)
- Poliwag - Level 25 (Poliwhirl)
- Poliwhirl - Level 36 (Poliwrath)
- Ponyta - Level 40 (Rapidash)
- Psyduck - Level 33 (Golduck)
- Rattata - Level 20 (Raticate)
- Rhyhorn - Level 42 (Rhydon)
- Sandshrew - Level 22 (Sandslash)
- Seel - Level 34 (Dewgong)
- Shellder - Level 36 (Cloyster)
- Slowpoke - Level 37 (Slowbro)
- Squirtle - Level 16 (Wartortle)
- Spearow - Level 20 (Fearow)
- Staryu - Level 36 (Starmie)
- Tentacool - Level 30 (Tentacruel)
- Venonat - Level 31 (Venomoth)
- Voltorb - Level 30 (Electrode)
- Vulpix - Level 36 (Ninetails)
- Wartortle - Level 36 (Blastoise)
- Weedle - Level 7 (Kakuna)
- Weepinbell - Level 36
- Zubat - Level 22 (Golbat)
How to Evolve Growlithe in Pokemon Quest
There are specific pokemon that seem to be more popular evolutions than others, so we figured we'd break a few out and detail each one. Growlithe is one of these popular pokemon, and will evolve at level 36 into Arcanine.
What Level Does Rhyhorn Evolve in Pokemon Quest
Rhyhorn is another pokemon that you'll want to keep your eye on. It will evolve into Rhydon at level 42.
What Level Does Magikarp Evolve in Pokemon Quest
One of the most iconic evolutions in all of pokemon is Magikarp's transformation from fish to dragon. Magikarp will evolve into Gyarados at level 20 in Pokemon Quest.
What Level Does Vulpix Evolve in Pokemon Quest
If you keep sending Vulpix out on Expeditions, it'll eventually evolve into Ninetails at level 36.
That’s everything you need to know about levelling up and evolutions in Pokemon Quest. For a full breakdown of how cooking works in Pokemon Quest, including all of the recipes and ingredients explained, head over to our Pokemon Quest Recipes Guide.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.