Pokemon Quest Shiny Pokemon - How to Get Shiny Pokemon

Evolving Pokemon in Pokemon Quest, cooking recipes, best Pokemon in Pokemon Quest, and more.

Guide by Jake Green, .

When luring pokemon to your Base Camp with recipes in Pokemon Quest, there's a small chance that it might be shiny. Shiny pokemon are pretty common in Pokemon Quest, but you might still struggle to get hold of the ones you want. In this Pokemon Quest Shiny Pokemon Guide, we've got all the info you need to know about how shinies work in Pokemon Quest, as well as a Pokemon Quest Shiny List of all the shinies we've encountered so far.

We’ve been busy gathering details on Pokemon Quest, and have collected them in our Pokemon Quest guides hub. You’ll find beginner’s tips and tricks, info on how to teach pokemon new moves in Pokemon Quest, as well as details on which ingredients to use to make every recipe in the game.

Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Quest

Shiny Pokemon a bit of a mystery in Pokemon Quest at present. In other games, shiny pokemon are incredibly hard to come by, but in Pokemon Quest they seem to be fairly commonplace. Pokemon Quest Shiny odds are definitely high, though we’ve yet to find any consistent trends on obtaining them. To get shiny pokemon in Pokemon Quest, you’ll first have to befriend some pokemon. Catching pokemon works differently in Pokemon Quest as it does in other games in the series. Instead of throwing Poke Balls to catch pokemon in the wild, you need to lure pokemon to your Base Camp instead.

How to Lure Shiny Pokemon to your Base Camp in Pokemon Quest

A pokemon will arrive at your Base Camp every 22 hours automatically, but to get more, and to therefore increase your chances of getting a shiny pokemon, you’ll need to lure pokemon in with food. You can head over to our Pokemon Quest Recipes Guide for full details on each type of dish and what pokemon it attracts, but in general, you just need to add ingredients into the pot at Base Camp, then wait for it to cook. After it’s finished, a pokemon will appear and will be added to your team. You have a random chance of it being shiny, but it’s fairly common so just make sure you are always cooking something and consistently luring in pokemon.

Shiny Onix in Pokemon Quest

Shiny Pokemon are different in appearance to their non-shiny counterparts, but everything else seems to be identical. For example, Shiny Growlithe in Pokemon Quest has a gold coloring, but still possesses the same fire atacks and stats. Moves, stats and evolutions are all the same so for now it seems to just be a palette swap. So far we’ve encountered shiny forms for Machop, Geodude, Onix, Bellsprout, Growlithe, Doduo and Goldeen, so it might be possible that every pokemon has a shiny version.

We’ll update you with more details on whether or not every pokemon in Pokemon Quest has a shiny counterpart, but for now, that’s everything we know so far about how to get shiny pokemon in Pokemon Quest. For all the details on how to learn new moves in Pokemon Quest, head over to our Pokemon Quest Move Learning Guide. We’ve also got tips on how to evolve pokemon in Pokemon Quest in our Pokemon Quest Evolution Guide.

• Avatar for curtiswilliamhinze94 #1 curtiswilliamhinze94 A month ago
    I got a shiny ponyta...it has bluehair
  • Avatar for ryantrammell75 #2 ryantrammell75 A month ago
    I just got a shiny Magikarp!!!
    I just got a shiny dratini
    I've pulled two shiny Pokemon so far (Spearow and Bulbasaur). Don't know if this helps the odds, but both times, I had made a single-color meal (all apricorn when I pulled Spearow, all honey when I got Bulbasaur).
    And if this helps anyone else, did all icy stone in a bronze pot, didn't get a shiny there, but I did pull 2 Dratini and a Tangela with just the one meal.
  • Avatar for imadeanewaccounttoco #5 imadeanewaccounttoco A month ago
    I got shiny growlithe and duduo so that’s an addition to the list
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #6 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #7 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #8 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
  • Avatar for karlosilveti27 #9 karlosilveti27 A month ago
    What level does eggsegcute evolve into eggsegutor?
    Starmie with hydro pump is the best dps in the game, Im suprised you don't have it on the list.. phycic is no where NEAR the best dps in the game lol have you even cleared 12-boss?
    I get why people try Free to Play on console but outside of Fortnight I can't really think of another big console Free to Play game. Especially when monetization is part of the gameplay. Pac-Man 256 I felt handle things well enough. Free to Play on mobile and $5 or so bucks on console and took out the monetization and just let people enjoy it.
  • Avatar for tomasrodriguez32 #12 tomasrodriguez32 23 days ago
    I got a shiny growth on my first try getting a Pokémon
  • It's weird how Nintendo and Microsoft team up to promote cross-play, and for this game, they just don't care :(
  • Avatar for Baneslayer510 #14 Baneslayer510 20 days ago
    I got a shiny Meowth but honestly I couldn't even tell until it said I had completed the challenge get to get a shiny pokemon. It doesn't really look different to me even as an evolved Persian. It has a star in the corner though so I know it's not an error lol.
  • Avatar for danielkhushairi68 #15 danielkhushairi68 17 days ago
    I got a shiny vulpix. But not from cooking rather the daily friendly pokemon. So i guess thats another way to get a shiny pokemon. Simply randomEdited 3 weeks ago by danielkhushairi68
  • Avatar for ritzasajar65 #16 ritzasajar65 16 days ago
    It's a good thing that they're following the national Pokedex on how to evolve Pokemon.
  • Avatar for ritzasajar65 #17 ritzasajar65 16 days ago
    @curtiswilliamhinze94 OMG You can get a shiny?????
    I wonder to know there is pokemon lvls to evolve but if you get a pokemon already passed that lvl when will evolve?
  • Avatar for dallashancock75 #19 dallashancock75 16 days ago
    Just got shiny shellder
    Does any one know what level Tangela evolves? In standard Pokémon games it evolves into Tangrowth if you level up while knowing ancient power. Does that mean I have to reteach Tangela until she learns ancient power? Or does it evolve at a certain level
  • Avatar for christophermo02 #21 christophermo02 14 days ago
    Hey guys, im trying to get an alekezam and have been cooking with the silver pot. I got a level 59 abra. Does anyone know if it would still be able to evolve?
    @Noodle2002 you cant evolve it because its not first gen i believe
    Hey guys I got a lv 30 Machop is it still able to evolve?
  • Avatar for maddilensing04 #24 maddilensing04 11 days ago
    I got a shiny poliwag! Color difference was so subtle I didn’t even notice at first!
  • Avatar for răzvanzinca92 #25 răzvanzinca92 10 days ago
    @Ritsu-Anime Yes, it still can evolve
    So I brought a level 55 Abra into my camp, any idea on how to make him evolve since he's way past his evolution level?
    Deleted 5 days ago by Drudd
    The recipe for the Ground food is 2 Fossils and 3 Big Roots, found this through testing. Tried the combination thinking it seemed kinda Groundy and it turned out to be correct. Got a Cubone from this.
    @Noodle2002 Tangrowth isn't in this game because it was introduced in Gen 4, Diamond & Pearl. Quest only has Gen 1 so unfortunately you can't obtain later-Gen evolutions like Tangrowth (4), Crobat (2), Slowing (2), Magnezone (4), etc.
    What's the best way to get a shiny pokemon? I wasn't aware that you could get them, but I would like to have one.
    If I get a level 57 machop from the pot how do I evolve it?
    The best way to level up and evolve is by cooking and attracting the same type of Pokemons, then use them for training. There's the app that helped me a lot when I played Pokemon Quest. It generates the recipes based on how many ingredients you have, and you can filter by pot, quality or recipe type.

For Apple devices, Quest Recipe Guide: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quest-recipe-guide/id1412495863?ls=1&mt=8.
    For Android devices, Pokemon Quest Recipes: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jjhe.pokemonquestrecipe
  • My first shiny was after getting about 100 Pokémon to my camp. It’s an exeggcute.
    @christophermo02 yes it will. It will evolve as soon as it levels up 1 level
    Why doesn’t Onix evolve?
    @rennix level it up just one time per evolve
  • Avatar for Tobirama-Senju #38 Tobirama-Senju 23 hours ago
    @xXKiwieXx onix evolves to steelix which is gen 2Edited 23 hours ago by Tobirama-Senju
    Are you retarded? For one, the best buffer is Machop, because Machops bingos can go up to 45% cooldown ratio of the move bulk up, and it's usually a 20 second cooldown for each bulk up you apply, and each stack has its own cooldown, without Machop, it takes 8 seconds to cast each bulk up, so 3 stacks requires a 24 second cast time, but with machops 45% CDR, it's less then 15 seconds to get all 3 stacks off, and 3 stacks gives a 80% buff, the cap, to every Pokemon on your team. And for two, psychic is not the best fucking DPS in the game. Starmie hydro pump is. People are getting 1:00 clears on the last stage with that. Nobody even uses psychic Alakazam as the "best team" you're so dumb. At least do some research. Even Vine whip on a Bulbasaur is better then psychic. And you also forget that evolving pokemon lower the bingos you receive. You seem to be very misinformed on everything, I don't think creating this guide was your best idea.
    EDIT: Yeah...stick to a beginner's guide. Sorry if this sounded harsh. But I hate misleading content. People like Verlisify are annoying. But you actually changed everything around. I believe that you do not have any misleading motives, so therefore I am not annoyed at you.Edited 5 times. Last edited 5 hours ago by hterrance15

Comments