Later on in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, there's an extensive trading sequence for Link to solve, which can net you a fair few items. In this Zelda Link's Awakening trading puzzle guide, we'll be walking you through the correct order in which to give items to corresponding characters, which has Link going back and forth over Koholint Island.
Zelda Link's Awakening Trading Puzzle
The trading sequence in Link's Awakening is basically done in two stages: getting into Kanalet Castle, and everything that comes after. For a walkthrough of how to deal with the first part of the trading sequence, which includes the Yoshi Doll, dog food, and bananas, head over to our Link's Awakening Kanalet Castle guide.
Otherwise, the second part of the trading sequence begins when you pick up the stick. This is obtained when you give Kiki the monkey the bananas, and them and their monkey crew build you a bridge into Kanalet Castle. Pick up the stick after the monkeys have gone, and you'll kick off the second part of the trading sequence in Link's Awakening, which occurs in the order below.
- Take the stick from Kiki the Monkey.
- Go to Ukuku Prairie, and speak to Marin's father to get the honey.
- Take the honey to the bear chef in Animal Village, who gives you a pineapple.
- Take the pineapple to Papahl at the northern edge of the map, on top of the Tal Tal mountains.
- Next, take the Hibiscus to Christine in Animal Village.
- Take the letter Christine gives you to Mr. Write, north of Mysterious Woods.
- Take the broom to Grandma Ulrira in Mabe Village.
- With the fish hook, go to the fisherman west of animal village, who can be found by swimming underneath the bridge on the southern bank of Martha's Bay.
- Get the necklace from the fisherman, and take it to the mermaid in the middle of Martha's Bay.
- Enter the Catfish's Maw dungeon, and claim the Hookshot from the Stalfos.
- Using the Hookshot, reach the Mermaid Statue just west of Animal Village, on the southern shore of Martha's Bay.
- Go underneath the Mermaid Statue after using the scale, and retrieve the Magnifying Lens.
After this, you're all done with the trading puzzle in Link's Awakening. We're not going to spoil what the Magnifying Lens is used for, but there'll be a point near the end of the game where you'll need to use it in the Mabe Village library.