Fortnite Season 4 has launched right now for players around the world, but you'll have to shell out for the Fortnite Season 4 Battle Pass if you want to unlock some of the more elite cosmetic items and challenges available as part of the event. In this Fortnite Season 4 guide we'll detail how much the Fortnite Season 4 Battle Pass will cost, and everything else we deem to be important about the next big Fortnite season. We'll also be running through all the new Fortnite Season 4 skins, as well as Fortnite Season 4 Challenges, kicking off with Week 1.
If you're looking for some help on anything else to do with Fotrnite, head over to our Fortnite Tips guide. It's got everything you need to get started with Fortnite Battle Royale, including how to master surviving longer out in the open, as well as all the areas in which you can always find more powerful weapons scattered around the map.
Fortnite Season 4 Challenges
We'll be listing and breaking down every new Fortnite Season 4 Weekly Challenge for you here, so you know how to complete them as quickly as possible.
Just below, you can see all seven Fortnite Week 1 Challenges:
- Deal damage with sniper rifles to opponents (250).
- Search chests in Haunted Hills (7).
- Use a Port-a-Fort.
- Search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E Letters (8).
- Follow the Treasure Map Found in Tomato Town (Hard).
- Pistol eliminations (3/Hard).
- Eliminate opponents in Flush Factory (3/Hard).
For the second week in Fortnite Season 4, you'll have the challenges just below to complete:
- Search chests in Greasy Grove (7) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
- Consume hop rocks (7) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
- Deal damage with suppressed weapons (500) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
- Dance in front of different film cameras (7) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
- Search between a Scarecrow, Pink Hotrod, and a Big Screen (Hard) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
- Explosive weapon eliminations (3/Hard) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
- Eliminate opponents in Tomato Town (3/Hard) - Fortnite Week 2 challenge (Season 4).
The Fortnite Week 3 Challenges have revealed themselves to be the following:
- Watch a match replay (1).
- Deal damage with pistols to opponents (500).
- Search chests in Lonely Lodge (7).
- Search Rubber Duckies (10).
- Follow the treasure map found in Salty Springs (Hard).
- Sniper rifle eliminations (2/Hard).
- Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers (3/Hard).
The Fortnite Week 4 Challenges can all be seen just below:
- Deal damage to opponents with assault rifles (1000).
- Search chests in Wailing Woods (7).
- Search 7 ammo boxes in a single match (7).
- Visit the center of different Storm Circles in a single match (3).
- Search between a Bench, Ice Cream Truck, and Helicopter (Hard).
- Trap eliminations (1/Hard).
- Eliminate opponents in Snobby Shores (3/Hard).
Make sure to check back on this section of our guide every Tuesday, as we'll be updating it with all the new Fortnite Weekly Challenges as soon as they go live, right around 1 am PST/4 am EST.
Fortnite Season 4 Start Date
As we mentioned at the top, Fortnite Season 4 kicked off on May 1, 2018, worldwide. With Fortnite Season 3 ending on April 30, Fortnite Season 4 kicked into gear the very next day, arriving as part of a mere 2.3GB update for the game on all platforms.
Check out the brand new cinematic intro for Fortnite Season 4 just below, which plays out when you first boot up the game during Season 4. It looks like this may have been Fortnite's way of quietly confirming the addition of aliens during Season 4, but we'll have to wait until a later date to find out for certain.
As for how the Fortnite Battle Royale map itself has changed with the arrival of Season 4, you can actually see where the comet itself crash landed on that map, if you head over to Dusty Depot. The entire location has been nearly obliterated by the comet, and you can even see a lesser crater in the ground at Tilted Towers, which many players thought would be completely destroyed by the comet.
Fortnite Season 4 New Skins and Gear Items
Just below, you can see two of the brand new character skins that you'll immediately unlock in Fortnite, upon purchasing the Season 4 Battle Pass (more on that further down).
There's also a brand new Dyminate emote that will be unlocked once you purchase the Season 4 Battle Pass, as well as a new spray, both of which are shown below:
For a complete rundown of all the new Fortnite skins that you can hope to obtain over the course of Season 4, head over to our full Fortnite Season 4 skins guide.
Fortnite Season 4 End Date
Epic hasn't given any details on when Fortnite Season 4 will end, but given that Season 4 is expected to be 10 weeks long, we can suggest that it will end a couple of weeks into July, 2018. Make sure to keep an eye on this Fortnite Season 4 guide, as we'll be updating it with all future information surrounding the limited season as the event rolls on, such as the tricky Weekly Challenges that look set to be going live every Tuesday from now on.
Fortnite Season 4 Battle Pass Cost
It's a new Fortnite season, which can only mean one thing: a brand new Fortnite Season 4 Battle Pass for you to purchase. When you open up Fortnite after installing the latest update for Season 4 (which comes in at around 2.3GB), you can tab over to the 'Battle Pass' tab, and select the purchase option to be taken to the screen just below.
You can therefore shell out 950 V-Bucks to purchase the basic Season 4 Battle Pass, which equates to roughly $9.99 on either the Xbox Live Store or PSN Store. Alternatively, you can pay a whopping 2,800 V-Bucks to unlock the basic Season 4 Battle Pass, as well as unlocking several of the rewards tiers for you straight away, guaranteeing you some nice loot items for your character in the process.
Although purchasing the new Battle Pass isn't essential for taking advantage of all that Fortnite Season 4 has to offer, you will need to shell out the basic 950 V-Bucks at minimum if you want to gain access to all the new Weekly Challenges every Tuesday. These challenges are the main way that you can upgrade the Battle Pass and earn new gear, so if you want to get your hands on the best items that Fortnite Season 4 has to offer, you'll need to pay up.
There's still time to complete the Season 3 challenges, like the Fortnite Week 10 Challenges. But be quick as time is running out. The Search a Chest in different named locations and Search between a Stone Circle, Wooden Bridge, and a Red RV challenges won't complete themselves.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.