The GTA Online Gunrunning update is the 18th major update released for Grand Theft Auto Online, and one that brings a variety of firepower and new options for you to experiment with.
For more on GTA Online, head on over to our GTA 5 and GTA Online Guides Hub. Over there you’ll find info on GTA Online Heists and GTA Online Gunrunning.
Found within the GTA Online Gunrunning update are two new bases, one of which is an oversized mobile truck, as well as brand new weapons, on top of a variety of new operations that you can overtake from either of your new bases.
This page will tell you all you need to know about the GTA Online Gunrunning update, including how to access and undertake all the new operations, as well as how to purchase and customize all the new vehicles available to you.
How to Access the GTA Online Gunrunning Content and all the New Missions
Firstly, you’ll need to become either a CEO, a Biker Club President, or a VIP in Grand Theft Auto Online. Next, purchase an underground Bunker in the Grand Senora Desert, the cheaper version of which is available for $1,165,000 in Paleto Forest, while the more expensive Farmhouse version is available for $2,375,000. You’ll be using any of these bunkers as a base of operations for the Gunrunning missions.
Once you’ve done this, go to the laptop located in the Bunker you just purchased, and access the Disruption Logistics website. Through the website, you can resupply and sell weapons you’ve obtained through business ventures, as well as managing bunker staff, and undertaking Gunrunning missions.
The GTA Online Gunrunning missions are broken up into three categories:
- Set-Up - These missions are free, and are used to get the staff you’ll need for manufacturing.
- Resupply - These missions are your main way of getting supplies after the set-up, and you can either buy supplies or undertake free missions to get the supplies you need.
- Sell - The Sell missions are how you offload your products and make a ton of money. They vary in difficulty based on how many players you have with you, as well as how many weapons and vehicles you are attempting to sell.
GTA Online Gunrunning Mobile Operations
Mobile Operations can only be run through a Mobile Operations Center, an oversized truck which can be purchased from the Warstock website for $1,225,000. The Mobile Operations Center can hold 2-4 people, and can be outfitted with the following upgrades:
- Weapon Workshop - Gives the player access to 60 new Mk II weapon variants, and over 80 new Mk III weapon mods.
- Weapon and Vehicle Workshop - This upgrade uses two of your three available bays, but you can customize both your weapons and vehicles to produce weaponized vehicles.
- Personal Vehicle Storage - Stores a single personal vehicle.
- Living Quarters - Allows multiple players to relax, change outfits, and launch Mobile Operations.
- Command Center - Allows you to access a wardrobe, and the Mobile Operations Center Turret and App.
Listed below are all the Mobile Operations that you can launch from your Mobile Operations Center, as well as the payout they each offer:
- Severe Weather Patterns - Take out a Merryweather supply line with a friend on a Weaponized Dune FAV to take their transported goods. Payout: $14,000.
- Half-Track Bully - Sneak into an enemy base, and hack and steal their Half-Track so you can deliver it to your allies. Payout: $14,000.
- Exit Strategy - Protect private planes as they take off from a runway using the Turreted Trailer to take out enemies. Payout: $15,000.
- Offshore Assets - Head out to sea and recover goods from a sunken freighter, while fending off encroaching enemies. Payout: $16,000.
- Cover Blown - Get to safety in a Mobile Operations Center, while having missiles fired at you from all angles. Payout: $14,000.
- Mole Hunt - Use a Weaponized Tampa to take out signal jammers, in order to find and eliminate a rogue agent. Payout: $16,500.
- Data Breach - Steal enemy Oppressor bikes and deliver them to your allies. Payout: $14,000.
- Work Dispute - Use Oppressor bikes to hunt down a rogue Mobile Operations Center, as well as taking out ground support and recovering company equipment. Payout: $14,000.
Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Tips and Tricks to Maximize Profit
Below we’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks for your Gunrunning operations, in order to maximize profit and reduce the amount of time spent:
- It might be better to pass on the Farmhouse bunker, as the proximity to Sandy Shores puts it in a PvP warzone.
- Once you’ve purchased a Bunker, buy both the Staff and Equipment upgrade for a combined $1,753,500, both of which contribute greatly to the efficiency of your Bunker.
- In the Resupply missions you might want to steal the first few times in order to hold back on spending too much, but it’s a better idea to buy in the long run, reducing the risk.
- You can play the Gunrunning missions solo, but all were designed with co-op in mind. On top of this, you’ll always have to buy supplies if you’re flying solo.
- If you plan on buying Weaponized Vehicles, complete their missions first in the Mobile Operations Center to earn a discount.
New Gunrunning Weaponized Vehicles
There are a total of 6 new vehicles available for purchase in the Gunrunning update, all of which feature a different type of weapon. We’ve listed all the vehicles below, along with their price.
- Base Price: $3,092,250
- Trade Price: $2,325,000
BF Dune FAV
- Base Price: $1,130,500
- Trade Price: $850,000
- Base Price: $2,254,350
- Trade Price: $1,695,000
- Base Price: $3,524,500
- Trade Price: $2,650,000
Declasse Weaponized Tampa
- Base Price: $2,108,050
- Trade Price: $1,585,000
- Base Price: $1,862,000
- Trade Price: $1,400,000
Upgradeable Gunrunning Weapons
The following vehicles can be upgraded to Mk II status, should you purchase a Weapon Workshop in the Mobile Operations Center:
- Assault Rifle
- Carbine Rifle
- Combat MG
- Heavy Sniper
Miscellaneous New Gunrunning Items:
- 750 new clothing items
- 30 new tattoos
- 2 new hair styles
- 7 new Bunker Series Adversary game modes
- Hood up/down option
- Jacket open/closed option
- Ballistic equipment added
- VIP requirement only $50,000
- New MC and CEO outfits
- Multiple new Special Race props added
- 110+ bug fixed across PC, PS4, Xbox One