Red Dead Online is finally here, allowing players to Posse up and roam around the Wild West at their leisure. There are PvP modes as well, and horse racing of course. You’ll earn money for doing just about anything in Red Dead Online, but considering just how pricey some of the guns and camp upgrades can be, you’ll likely want to know the best ways to make as much money as possible, as fast as possible. To make sure you're doing just that, we’ve put together a list of the very best ways to make money in Red Dead Online. We'll cover selling pelts, highlight the most lucrative missions, and show you a particularly good Red Dead Online Money Glitch. Let’s take a look.
We’ll be adding more and more Red Dead Online Guides as we spend more time with the game. You can check out our Red Dead Online Guides Hub to see what we’ve put together so far. If you head over now, you’ll find some helpful tips on getting started.
- Red Dead Online Money Making Guide
- Red Dead Online Money Glitch
- Best Ways to Earn Money in Red Dead Online
- Can You Select Specific Missions?
- Sell Pelts to Earn Easy Money
- Remember to Loot Bodies
- Can I Use My Money From Red Dead Redemption 2 in Red Dead Online?
Red Dead Online Money Making Guide
If you want to get new weapons, clothing and horses in Red Dead Online, you’ll need money. The weapons in particular, can get pretty pricey, especially when you start adding in the cost of alternate ammo. Luckily, we’ve been playing every mission to work out which ones offer the most lucrative rewards. We’ve detailed them below.
Red Dead Online Money Glitch
As first reported on by Rockstar Intel, there's an easy way to make around $500 every 2 and a half hours or so. To do so, all you need to do is complete the first 6 story missions in Red Dead Online. This will earn you around $500 each time, including the treasure maps you'll be awarded. Then, all you need to do is delete your character and start again. Your money will carry over to the new character, then you can just keep repeating the process. It's one heck of a grind, but we've confirmed it to be the best way to farm money currently.
Best Ways to Earn Money in Red Dead Online
You’ll earn money for just about everything you do in Red Dead Online, but not much for the majority of activities. What we recommend you do is grind the two missions listed below until you have enough money to buy the weapons that you want. You’ll still need to rank up to unlock them, but at least the money will be there when you eventually do. Let’s take a look at the missions.
- Kill Them, Each and Every One - this mission involves tracking down the man who killed Mr LeClerk. You’ll be directed to an area just south of Armadillo where you’ll clear out a gang and its leader. We earned a lot doing this mission, at times close to $20 in fact, and it took between 10 and 20 minutes. You’ll also get a Treasure Map the first time you do it. The one we found had $96 in it.
- Kerosene, Tar and Greed - this mission is much less profitable than the last one, but is still worth your time. This i because you’ll kill a lot of guards which more often than not will give you valuable items when you loot them. We averaged around $35 dollars a run doing so.
- Highly Illegal Activity - this story mission involves tracking down Montez and turning him in. You’ll get around $70 for your trouble.
Can You Select Specific Missions?
Unfortunately, you can’t select a specific mission to play through in Red Dead Online. What you can do is head into the Quick Join Menu through the left d-pad, and then select ‘Story Mission On-Call’. This will put you into a randomized story mission, so keep heading in and out of matchmaking until you get one of the good ones.
Sell Pelts to Earn Easy Money
In Red Dead Online, wolves will spawn randomly while you’re out and about. A good habit to get into early on is to kill and skin them when they show up. You can sell the pelts at the Butchers for a pretty good price. Try to kill them with your knife or bow for better quality pelts. Make sure you head to the Butchers regularly to check what you can sell.
Remember to Loot Bodies
You’ll kill a lot of people in Red Dead Online, so you should make the most of your ammo by looting everybody you can. You’ll find ammo, provisions, cash and most importantly—valuables. Pocket watches are very common, and can be sold to the Fence for good money. Just make sure you sell your collection regularly, so that you don’t run out of space.
Can I Use My Money From Red Dead Redemption 2 in Red Dead Online?
If you’ve been busy playing the single-player component of Red Dead 2, you’ll have racked up a fair bit of money. Unfortunately, you can’t use the money earned in Red Dead 2 in Red Dead Online. There’s actually very little crossover, in that your money, weapons, and stats do not carry over, shame!