While out exploring the wildlands of Days Gone, there’s plenty of side activities for you to take on. One such distraction is that of the various NERO Checkpoints scattered throughout the map. You’ll want to check them out, as they contain useful loot, and NERO injectors, which will make the game easier with each one that you find. In this Days Gone NERO Checkpoints Guide, we’ll take a look at how to restore power to NERO Checkpoints using fuses and fuel. We’ll also look at disabling the alarms first, so that you won’t alert any nearby hordes in the process.
On this page:
- All Nero Checkpoint Locations in Days Gone
- How to Restore Power to NERO Checkpoints
- How to Disable the Alarms at NERO Checkpoints
- Days Gone NERO Injectors
All Nero Checkpoint Locations in Days Gone
NERO Checkpoints are found all over the map in Days Gone. Each one hides a NERO Injector (more on that later) and once unlocked can be used as a fast travel point. They are represented as white crosses on your map, though will turn into black crosses once you restore power. Let’s take a look at where you can find them on the map.
How to Restore Power to NERO Checkpoints
In the majority of cases, NERO Checkpoints will consist of a generator and a monitoring unit. To restore the power, you just need to clear out the area and locate a fuel can. Use this fuel can to refuel the generator and hit the button. There’s an extra step that we’d advise you do before you hit the button though, and that’s disabling the alarms.
How to Disable the Alarms at NERO Checkpoints
Before activating the generators at NERO Checkpoints, you’ll want to disable the alarms. This is done by carrying out the following steps:
- Alarms are usually found on the roof of the mobile containment unit.
- They are represented by speakers, with orange wires on them.
- Climb up and cut the wires with your knife.
- Alternatively, you can shoot them with a suppressed weapon.
- Be sure to check the whole area for alarms, as one is enough to draw a horde.
- If an alarm is triggered, it will show up on your map as a loudspeaker icon, you’ll also hear it.
Days Gone NERO Injectors
So why go through all the fuss of restoring power to NERO Checkpoints? Well, each one has a NERO Injector, essentially a stat boost for either your Health, Stamina, or Focus. Once you open the box, you’ll be given a choice of which one to bolster, so choose carefully!