The world of Days Gone is a hostile one, with dangerous Freakers roaming the woods, hungry for human flesh. The surviving humans aren’t much friendlier, if they’re not after your bike to scrap for parts, they’re trying to ambush and murder you. With so much of the world around you actively trying to kill you, we figured it’d be helpful to put together some essential Days Gone Tips. In this Days Gone Guides Hub, we’ll reveal said tips, and round up links to all of our Days Gone guides content. We’ll also go over some of the controls, and take a look at the bonus content you get from picking up certain versions of the game.
Days Gone Tips
Days Gone is a pretty standard open-world zombie shooter, but thanks to a reliance on survival mechanics, and the inclusion of a motorcycle as your primary mode of transport, it can be a little tricky to get the hang of. To help you survive in Days Gone’s dangerous locales, we’ve listed some essential survival tips below:
- You can fill up your bike at gas stations by approaching the red pumps and holding circle.
- Make sure to loot cars as you come across them, you’ll need scrap to repair your bike.
- Think carefully about where you turn in your bounties and hunting items, having high trust in certain areas will benefit specific skills like shooting or bike upgrades.
- Press L1 while riding to lock onto an enemy. Press R1 to shoot
- There’s really no need to fast travel, you’ll want to be exploring the world on your bike as much as you can.
- Tackle nests at night, there will be fewer Freakers at home.
- If you need to get into an area where a large swarm are hiding, wait until night time and they’ll start moving out.
- Newts are often not always worth wasting ammo on.
- Melee weapons are plentiful, don’t be afraid to use them.
- Watch out for bear traps, tripwires and Freakers when attacking Ambush Camps.
- If you see birds circling in the skies above, it’s usually an indicator that there is danger nearby.
- Plan your escape route in areas with large amounts of Freakers, and always keep your bike nearby.
- The extra saddlebag for ammo upgrade is extremely useful, given how scarce ammo can be.
- Exploring at night will be more dangerous, sleep at a bed to advance time.
Days Gone Pre-Order Bonuses and Extra Content
Seeing as Days Gone is a video game releasing in 2019, there are a bunch of different versions each boasting separate bonus content. To help you keep up with any potential extras you may be eligible for already, we’ve listed each edition below, alongside the stuff you’ll get with it.
- Pre-Order Bonuses - Drifter Crossbow, Gas Tank Upgrade #1, Nitrous Upgrade #1, Shroud Upgrade #1
- Digital Deluxe Edition - Days Gone Digital Mini-Art Book by Dark Horse Comics, Days Gone Digital Soundtrack, Deacon vs. The Horde Dynamic Theme, Monkey Wrench Skill Early Unlock, 3 Bike Skins
- Collector’s Edition - Days Gone Statue, Steelbook Case, 6 Days Gone Collector's Pins, Physical and Digital Mini-Art Book, Physical and Digital Original Soundtrack, Days Gone Sew-On Patch, 4 Decals, Deacon vs. The Horde Dynamic Theme, Monkey Wrench Skill Early Unlock, 3 Bike Skins
Days Gone Controls
If you’re looking to brush up on the controls for Days Gone, we’ve got you covered. Below you’ll find the controls for on foot and while on your bike.
For more on Days Gone, be sure to head over to our Days Gone Guides Hub. It's where you'll find all of our Days Gone content, like Where to Get Fuel in Days Gone, How to Fast Travel in Days Gone, a look at NERO Checkpoints , a breakdown of how to Upgrade Your Bike in Days Gone. Also, there's our guide on How to Increase Trust Level at Camps in Days Gone. For a look at the Best Weapons in Days Gone, there's our Days Gone Weapons Guide. If you're looking to trigger the Days Gone Secret Ending, you'll need our guide on all of the Days Gone IPCA Locations.