Welcome to USGamer’s Dark Souls 3 Walkthrough and Dark Souls 3 DLC Guide. This page will include articles and features to help you survive the treacherous journey through Lothric and beyond. Our full walkthrough will explain where to find bonfires, bosses, and valuable items in each region. We have also included guides for locating certain NPCs throughout the game who can provide services or become merchants in Firelink Shrine.
For those who are new to the Dark Souls series, we’ve listed several tips to keep in mind as you begin your journey of death and rebirth. We will continuously add more content to this page, so make sure to check back regularly to see our latest tips, tutorials, and walkthroughs.
Dark Souls 3 Walkthrough
Here you will find Dark Souls 3 walkthroughs for all major regions in the game. These walkthroughs will help players locate each bonfire and defeat every boss and mini-boss per section.
The Cemetery of Ash is the starting area where players can learn their character’s basic moves and capabilities, as well as engage in their first major boss battle with Iudex Gundyr.
Firelink Shrine acts as the primary hub in Dark Souls 3. Return to Firelink Shrine often to level up your character, purchase new items, and meet new NPCs.
The High Wall of Lothric is the first major region in Dark Souls 3. Follow our steps to free Greirat, obtain a banner from Emma, and successfully defeat the Vordt of the Boreal Valley boss.
The Undead Settlement features a village that splits into two routes. This guide will show you how to recruit new NPCs, befriend a giant, and discover a familiar face.
The Road of Sacrifices connects several major regions and is found just beyond the Undead Settlement. Continue along the road to meet new NPCs and face the Crystal Sage.
After a quick swamp romp past the Road of Sacrifices, players will discover an entrance to Farron Keep. We’ll help you trudge through poison to join a new covenant and defeat a Stray Demon.
In this guide, we will help you navigate the Cathedral of the Deep to discover a new covenant, meet new NPCs, and defeat the Deacons.
This walkthrough will help you navigate the passages of the Catacombs of Carthus, where you will encounter a Fire Demon, High Lord Wolnir, and a path to the Smouldering Lake.
The Smouldering Lake contains Pyromancy Tomes and other valuable items. Follow our guide to disarm the ballista, defeat the Sandworm, and take on the Old Demon King.
This walkthrough shows players how to navigate the snowy region of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. We'll help you find Siegward, assist Sirris, and speak with Anri on the way to Pontiff Sulyvahn.
This walkthrough will help you reach Anor Londo in the upper part of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. We'll show you where to join a couple covenants on the way to Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.
In order to reach both the Profaned Capital and Archdragon Peak, you must first make your way through Irithyll Dungeon. We will help you navigate the dank prison and find the Dragon Torso Stone along the way.
Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City DLC Walkthrough and Guide
Here you will find a full walkthrough for The Ringed City DLC. These guides will help players locate each bonfire and defeat every boss and mini-boss per section. This walkthrough is in-progress and will be steadily updated.
Here is a guide on how to access the DLC, navigate the poisonous swamp, and ultimately reach the DLC's first boss.
Tips and strategies on emerging victorious from the DLC's first boss battle.
A guide to beating the penultimate boss of the series.
Venturing into the eponymous main area.
This guide will help you overcome the final boss of the Dark Souls series, Slave Knight Gael.
Prepare for a long, challenging fight if you want to take on and defeat Darkeater Midir.
Need one of the Ringed City's weapons? Here's where you can find them all.
What are the best weapons to use for PvE and PvP? Find out right here.
Dark Souls 3 Tips
- Ignite every bonfire you find. Bonfires act as save points and fast travel locations. Resting at bonfires will restore your health, FP, and Estus Flasks. However, this also causes most enemies to respawn. Consider whether you’re ready to revisit previous enemies defeated before resting at a bonfire.
- Along with the regular Estus Flasks, Dark Souls 3 has added a new Ashen Estus Flask specifically designed to replenish your Focus Points (FP) meter. FP is consumed upon casting spells or performing special weapon arts. Speak with the blacksmith to allot the number of Estus Flasks you want of each type. For example, you can forgo carrying Ashen Estus and only carry traditional Estus Flasks if you wish.
- Estus Flasks are your primary means for replenishing health and FP. When you collect Estus Shards, give them to the blacksmith in Firelink Shrine to increase the total number of Estus Flasks in your inventory. Use an Undead Bone Shard while resting at the Firelink Shrine Bonfire to increase the amount of health and FP replenished by both Estus Flask types.
- In the early portions of the game, most class types should invest skill points into Vitality, Vigor, Strength, and Dexterity. If your character class deals heavily in spells and magic, consider leveling up your Attunement, Intelligence and Faith attributes as well.
- Be mindful of your equipment loadout. Weight management is important, especially for those who plan on carrying heavy equipment or wish to maneuver and roll quickly. Invest a few skill points into Vitality early in order to increase your carry capacity, allowing you to wield heavier items.
- New NPCs will appear in Firelink Shrine as you progress through the game. Return to Firelink Shrine regularly to speak with new NPCs or purchase items. NPC dialogue can also reveal interesting lore elements, so be sure to strike up conversations when you can.
Dark Souls 3: How-To Guides and Features
Dark Souls 3 is full of secrets and surprises, which are best discovered on your own. However, we’ve included several guides below for players seeking additional tips and tutorials.
Dark Souls 3 offers a variety of character customization and class options to suit most play styles. This guide discusses the benefits of each Class type and Burial Gift.
Dark Souls 3 features yet another unseen bird who will exchange items with the player. This guide shows you how to find the trading nest, and lists all tradeable items and outcomes.
This guide explains how to achieve each of the four possible endings in Dark Souls 3. Follow our detailed instructions to obtain the ending you desire. Of course, be ready for spoilers.
This article features the minimum and recommended PC specs to run Dark Souls 3. Find out whether your PC is ready for this epic journey of death.
The Red Eye Orb allows for limitless invasions of other players online. This guide will explain the steps to obtain this valuable consumable item.
Dark Souls 3 features several different Covenants that encourage PvP and Co-Op multiplayer activities. Review each Covenant to determine which faction is right for you.
Morphing into a dragon in Dark Souls 3 only requires a few simple steps. Follow our guide to learn the Path of the Dragon and obtain the Dragon Stones.
In this guide, we will help you level up fast and stay embered by explaining the most effective methods for accumulating Souls and Embers throughout the game.
Estus Shards are important items that allow you to increase your number of Estus Flask uses. We'll show you how to find every Estus Shard to maintain a steady supply of flasks.
The Irithyll Straight Sword inflicts frost damage and can be highly effective early in the game. Follow our steps to defeat the Outrider Knight and obtain this powerful sword.
Find NPCs and Recruit New Merchants
We've created several guides to help players find certain characters of interest throughout Dark Souls 3. Some NPCs can also be recruited to Firelink Shrine. Follow our guides to meet certain NPCs and obtain new merchants.
In this guide, we will explain how to meet Unbreakable Patches and complete Siegward of Catarina's full questline to obtain the Catarina Armor Set.
Greirat is a quirky NPC who is locked away in a prison cell within the High Wall of Lothric. Follow our instructions to get the Cell Key and acquire Greirat as a new Firelink Shrine merchant.
While exploring the Undead Settlement, players will stumble upon a familiar character within the giant tower. We will show you how to find this NPC and take down a fiery Demon.
On the way to the giant tower in the Undead Settlement, you will find Eygon of Carim guarding a prisoner in a cell. This guide will show you how to free Irina and bring her to Firelink Shrine.