With 4K gaming now well and truly a thing, perhaps Cyber Monday 2018 is the time to invest in a fancy new TV. If you have picked up a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X recently, a 4K is really needed to make that new console shine. We've got a round up of the best 4K TV deals, whether you're looking for a budget 4K TV or a top of the line 4K OLED TV. Prices vary wildly between the high end and the low end of the 4K TV market, but we've filtered out the trash to deliver the best deals around.
For more Cyber Monday deals, check out our Cyber Monday deals hub. It’s full of the best gaming deals we’ve found over the Cyber Monday period.
Being an Amazon Prime member is useful over Black Friday as you get access to offers sooner and access to some exclusive prices. To sign up for a free trial, hit one of the links below:
Cyber Monday 4K TV Deals
To get the best 4K TV, complete with excellent image quality, superb HDR performance, and low input lag (essential for gaming), you’re going to have to spend a lot of money, but there is a chance that this year we'll see some OLEDs slip into the mid-range price category. The less money you spend the more features go missing, so bear that in mind when you’re spending money on a 4K TV this Cyber Monday.
4K OLED and High End 4K TV Best Cyber Monday Deals
OLED TVs are the top range in 4K TVs you can buy. While they tend to be more expensive than the LED offerings, they offer superior picture quality. We've got the best 4K TV OLED Cyber Monday deals for you below. The LG OLED55B8 looks to be the pick of the deals so far, and is available at multiple retailers. In the UK, anything below £1300 is a great price for an LG OLED from 2018, and last year's models are even cheaper and possibly better deals. In the US you're looking at something in the region of $1600 for a similar set, but prices might fall below that if we're lucky. If you are after a 4K TV for gaming, the LG on offer here really is a force to be reckoned with and the best in class for the money.
- LG C8PUA Series 55"-Class HDR UHD Smart OLED TV for $1,696.99
- SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K (2160P) Ultra HD Smart QLED TV QN55Q8FN (2018 model) for $1,497.99
- SONY BRAVIA KD55AF8BU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV for £1,799.00
- LG OLED55B8SLC OLED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (Inc 5-Year Warranty) for £1,299.00
- Lg OLED55B7V for £1,099
- LG 55inch 4K HDR OLED TV OLED55B8SLC (Use Code "EBF100" for £100 off, plus Coop members get extra discount) for £1,374.00
If you're after a huge 65 inch OLED, you can grab the latest LG for just £1999. Check the details below and grab yourself a huge bargain.
Best Low End and Budget 4K TV Cyber Monday Deals
If you haven't got over a grand to spend on a new TV, you don't have to be left without a 4K TV. While cheaper models won't offer the same level of picture quality or HDR performance, they can still deliver when it comes to gaming. We've got the best offers on the low end and budget 4K TVs.
- Toshiba 50LF621U19 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR - Fire TV Edition for $299.99
- Philips 50PUS6262 50" 4K Ultra HD HDR for £367.97
- Samsung UE50NU7020 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR for £399
- Toshiba 55U5863DB 55" LED 4K UltraHD Smart TV for £389.99
What to Look for in a 4K TV
Buying a 4K TV isn't as easy as you might think. Figuring out your budget is one thing, but then you've got to look at which TV offers the kind of performance you're after, and then which technology you want.
- Low input lag - input lag determines how long it takes for your controller input to be seen on the screen
- HDR - Most 4K TVs support HDR, but only TVs with a high level of brightness (nits) can properly display the HDR signal properly without a loss of detail.
- Dimming - Edge Lit TVs often produce bands of light compared to backlit TVs that have lighting zones across the whole screen.
Are 4K TVs Good for Gaming?
That is a question that isn't as simple to answer as you might think. It really comes down to what consoles you own. If you're gaming on a Nintendo Switch, you're not going to want to play on a 4K TV. The Switch's video output maxes out at 1080p, and while it can look decent on an OLED or top of the line 4K LED set, cheaper TVs will result in a less than impressive image and you'll be better off with a 1080p TV. If you're gaming on a PS4 Pro or an Xbox One X then you really aren't going to get the most out of those consoles unless you are playing on a 4K TV. OLEDs tend to give the best overall picture quality, but some LED sets can offer better peak brightness for HDR.
We've got a full Black Friday Deals hub page where you can find all the best deals. Of particular note are the best PS4 Pro Black Friday Deals, best Xbox One deals and any Nintendo Switch Black Friday Deals that are running this week. You might also want to get the best price on PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold, too as Black Friday tends to throw up some good deals on console subs. Elsewhere we have the best Black Friday 4K TV deals, and the best Mobile Phone deals.