In this Destiny 2 Power level guide, we'll be going over the best methods to enhance your Power level once it reaches a certain point in the endgame. The Power level that most people tend to stall at is 265, but we'll be running down methods to help you increase your Power level no matter where you're at, so you cn hit the Destiny 2 Power Level cap in no time.
Should you need help with anything Destiny 2 related that isn’t to do with high level Power Level grinding, including a walkthrough of every Strike mission in the game, as well as our comprehensive Leviathan guide, make sure to check out our Destiny 2 guides walkthrough hub.
Destiny 2 High Power Level Guide
Once you've finished the main campaign of Destiny 2 (which will likely take you around 8-10 hours), you'll find yourself right around Power level 200, and just getting to the endgame content of Destiny 2. The challenge now is to increase your Power level to right around 270 and beyond, so you can comfortably take part in the Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid.
To increase your Power level, you'll want to obtain the very best gear you can, including Legendary and Exotic weapon and armor items. But what are the best methods for obtaining the more elite items in Destiny 2? We'll run down the best methods just below:
Best Ways to Gain High Level Power Level Points in Destiny 2
- Always try and complete the weekly Milestone challenges in the Director. These include playing enough Strike and Crucible matches, as well as the weekly Nightfall Strike. These Milestones reset every Tuesday, so you can rinse and repeat them for the best gear possible.
- Turning in Tokens with vendors nearly always guarantees you some high level gear. If you trade enough Tokens in to 'level up' a vendor, they'll reward you with Legendary gear, which scales with your Power level to a maximum of level 265.
- Heroic Public Events are a great way of obtaining some Legendary and Exotic Engrams, if you're lucky enough. Head over to our Public Events guide, so you know how to activate every Heroic Public Event in Destiny 2.
- You'll want to keep an eye out for any quests that reward you with Exotic weapons, like the MIDA Multi-Tool and the Rat King. Check out our Destiny 2 Exotic weapons guide if you want to get your hands on some of the best weapons in the game.
- A great way of getting some good weapons can be to dismantle all of the weapons that you barely ever use, and take the Gunsmith Materials you get from them to Banshee-44, who will reward you with Legendary weapons for your efforts.
But don't forget to try out the Trials of the Nine mode in the Crucible! Although you will need to form a Fireteam of four players in order to enter the elite mode, the rewards that can be gained from even taking part can give your character a nice Power level boost.
The Trials of the Nine rewards are even greater should you manage to pull off a 7-game win streak with your Fireteam, and you can trade in any Tokens you earn with the Trials Emissary for some incredible gear items, one of which can be seen just below.
Keep in mind that the Destiny 2 Power Level cap can change depending on whether you own the Curse of Osiris DLC expansion, released for the game back in December 2017. If you don't own the DLC expansion, then the Power Level cap stalls out at a maximum of 205, but if you have purchased the Curse of Osiris, then the Power Level cap rises to 330.
If you want to see a comprehensive list of the all the most powerful, Exotic weapons and armor pieces that Destiny 2 has to offer you, then head on over to our Destiny 2 Exotic gear guide, where you can find all the items in the game that will undoubtedly enhance your Power level. We've got guides on how to get the Rat King in Destiny 2, how to get the Mida Multi-Tool in Destiny 2 and how to get the Sturm in Destiny 2.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.