If it's pure strength and stopping power that you're after in Anthem, then look no further than the Colossus Javelin. In this complete Anthem Colossus Javelin guide, we'll be detailing everything you need to know about the behemoth exosuit, including detailing the best Anthem Colossus build, so you know how to get the most out of the elite suit of armor.
But if you instead need any information on the wider game of Anthem, you’ll want to head over to our Anthem guides hub. Here you can find a complete story primer on everything you need to know going into the game, as well as a walkthrough of the three additional Javelin classes in the game.
Anthem Colossus Javelin Builds
As you can probably tell from the image of the Colossus just below, it’s the heavy hitter of the Javelin classes in Anthem. It’s not as agile and sleek as the Interceptor Javelin, for example, but it has the added bonus of being better protected with thicker armor, and some incredibly powerful weapons.
As with every Javelin type in Anthem, you’ll have two primary weapon slots that you can experiment with. You can equip multiple different types of weapons into these two slots, and the Colossus is the only Javelin in Anthem that can equip heavy weapons like flamethrowers and rocket launchers.
Colossus Javelin Melee Ability
Every Javelin in Anthem has an exclusive melee ability, and the Colossus is no different. The ‘Heavy Smash’ ability lets the Colossus slam down from the air onto the ground, eliminating any smaller enemies underneath it, and knocking down larger ones, leaving them temporarily open to attack.
Colossus Javelin Launcher Attacks
Other Javelin classes in Anthem have grenade abilities, but the Colossus instead has a shoulder-mounted launcher, due to its massive size. Just below, we’ve listed out all five abilities that you can find and equip for the Colossus’ shoulder launcher:
- High explosive mortar - Launches a single explosive that deals high area-of-effect damage.
- Burst mortar - Fires off a small volley of mortar rounds that deal damage over a wide area.
- Firewall mortar - Fires a mortar that puts up a wall of fire on the battlefield, dealing damage to enemies that attempt to move through it.
- Lightning coil - Hits one random target in front of the Colossus with an arc of energy.
- Shock coil - Sends out a single wave of energy from the Colossus, damaging all nearby enemies.
Colossus Javelin Wrist Launcher Abilities
The Colossus might have a mortar launcher on its shoulder, but as with every Javelin class in Anthem, there’s also a wrist launcher available to be customized. Just below, we’ve listed out all the options you’ll have available for the wrist launcher:
- Heavy cannon - Fires a single large rocket in a targeted direction.
- Flamethrower - Sends out one continuous stream of fire that burns enemies.
- Flak cannon - Shoots off an arc of short range projectiles at multiple enemies.
- Railgun - Shoots one high damage laser against a single target.
- Acid spitter - Fires a single acid projectile that continually damages enemies.
Colossus Javelin Support Abilities
All four classes of Javelin exosuits in Anthem have two support abilities, and the Colossus is no different. Just below, you can find a complete breakdown of both abilities:
- Taunt - All enemies within a specific radius focus their attacks on the Colossus.
- Deflector Pulse - Provides all nearby teammates with a buff to damage resistance.
Colossus Javelin Ultimate Abilities
The Ultimate Ability for the Colossus Javelin in Anthem is called Siege Cannon. The Colossus equips a large cannon and fires it up into the air, unleashing multiple projectiles onto a single area of the battlefield for a devastating effect.
Anthem Colossus Best Loadout
The Colossus is a tricky Javelin to use correctly. You need to be putting out damage almost constantly, because you have very little in the way of mobility. To help you head into battle with the right gear, we've listed some advice on the Best Colossus Loadout below:
- As your Primer, go for the Flamethrower. It is perfect for large groups of enemies, dealing burn damage while potentially killing weaker ones.
- To detonate, use the Lightning Coil. It does electric damage and is very easy to control.
- The key to staying alive in the Colossus is keeping an eye on health and shields, making sure you are regularly grabbing health packs from downed enemies. With this in mind, we recommend the Shield Pulse, which will allow you some time to retreat and heal if needed.
- In terms of components, go for Structural Reinforcement and Guardian Insignia. This combo will ensure your shields hold strong, and that your Support abilities are bolstered.
We might now be all done with this guide to the Colossus Javelin in Anthem, but there’s plenty more to come yet on BioWare’s next game. You can now head over to either our Anthem Ranger Javelin guide, or our Anthem PC requirements guide for more.