Higgledies are a huge part of Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom. They’ll bring up to help you out on the battlefield whenever possible, and you’ll always want to have a group of these magical creatures helping you out. In this Ni no Kuni 2 Higgledy Stones guide, we’ll be revealing every Higgledy Stone location that we’ve encountered so far in the game, as well as detailing how to unlock new Higgledies for Evan and friends.
If you need anything else on Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, including how to get started with the complex combat system of the game, or a general story primer to get you up to speed with the events of the game, head over to our Ni no Kuni 2 guides hub.
Ni no Kuni 2 Higgledy Stones Guide
At the very beginning of Ni no Kuni 2, you’ll start out the game with three different Higgledies at your disposal, all of which have different abilities in the heat of battle. As we detail over on our full Ni no Kuni 2 Higgledies guide, these creatures can be used for their various abilities in battle, such as being able to summon cannons, or being able to heal anyone in Evan’s party within a certain radius.
But, as you can tell from the screenshot just above, you can actually unlock more Higgledies to accompany Evan and his comrades around the world of Ni no Kuni 2, through Higgledy Stones. You’ll find Higgledy Stones scattered all throughout every location in the world of Ni no Kuni 2, and each one will grant you a brand new Higgledy for your collection, but only if you can provide it with the correct item that it asks for.
Ni no Kuni 2 Higgledy Stone Locations
In the full Higgledy Stones location guide just below, we’ll be running over the various stones that you can find in each region, as well as the corresponding item needed to fulfil their request.
- Jumblewoods - This stone requires ragged fur, but Twinkle the Twee.
- Jumblewoods - The second stone here requires slumbergull feather and unlocks Popple the Pure.
- Tightfit Cavern - Frumious the Flammable is the reward here, after you’ve offered hardwearing wool.
- Cloudcoil Canyon - The first of these requires a munchy nut, but offers Filigree the Flighty as a reward.
- Cloudcoil Canyon - The second Higgledy Stone here needs prism pepper, and can grant you Larrican the Leafy.
- Wyvern’s Den - You can obtain Tove the Tenebrous from this stone if you give it single cream.
Rolling Hills Area:
- Crosswater Cavern - If you offer snow-white thread, you’ll be given Motley the Menace as your reward.
- Old Well - Blossomwheat is the correct item to offer if you want to be rewarded with Bawbee the Bandit.
- Old Well - For the second Higgledy Stone here, offer a forked tail bone to get Dimity the Dastardly.
- Tumbledown Shrine - Finally, you’ll need a clear prism to get Tilly-Loo the Twinkly from this Higgledy Stone.
Northern Islands Area:
- Crooked Cavern - The only Higgledy Stone in this region will give you Slithy the Spelunker if you offer a glacial crystal cluster.
- Shiverwood Shrine - Dirge the Dismal is the Higgledy on offer here, if you’ve got a twisty bone.
- Hard Woods - If you offer a nightmare prism, you’ll be given Phantasmagoria as a reward.
- Auld Woods - Mutton-Bane the Mushy can be gained if you offer gunkshrooms.
- Unsung Shrine - Whiting the Lightning is the Higgledy found here, as long as you’ve got some heavenly wonderwater to offer.
Makronos Islands Area:
- Dampshoe Cave - If you offer Coral Huebloom to this Higgledy Stone, you’ll be given Tundle the Tropical.
- Seaspray Tunnel - Dishcloth the Dragony can be gained if you offer briar coral.
- 1000 Fathoms Deep - A single bright button must be given to the Higgledy Stone here if you want Haddock the Fishy.
- 3000 Fathoms Deep - A bighorn shell is needed here to unlock Clambunctious the Calm.
- Bleachbone Shrine - Teakettle the Toasty is the Higgledy found here, if you offer fluffy cloth.
- Sunshade Shrine - Vorpal the Volcanic can be unlocked here if you offer sunnysmile cotton.
- Shrine that Time Forgot - The powerful Boss-Woss the Brusier Higgledy can be found here if you offer up some bolt eagle feather.
- Sublime Shrine - Unkimmon the Uncommon can be unlocked here with coarse-grained lumber.
- Fathomless Forest - Fine fur is needed here to unlock Bumblebizz the Blowy.
- Dynafloor No. 2 - Topturvey the Testy is the odd Higgledy that’s found in this stone, if you offer up some scented sap.
- Dynafloor No. 3 - Whole milk should be offered to this Higgledy Stone, if you want to unlock Slingsby the Scorcher.
Frost Planes Area:
- Ice House - Malignity the Indignity is the Higgledy found here, if you offer sturdy bone.
- Freezybones Cave - Finally, Benison the Bright is the last Hiddledy on the list, unlocked through enigma prism.
Although unlocking brand new Higgledies isn't essential in Ni no Kuni 2, it certainly does give you an edge in combat over even the most powerful foes. If you want to expand your magical arsenal to help Evan take down foes that are a significantly higher level than him, you'll definitely want to seek out some powerful Higgledies to help you out.
That brings a close to our guide on tracking down every Higgledy Stone in Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, but continue ahead to our Ni no Kuni 2 Evermore guide, or our Ni no Kuni 2 Kingmaker Trials guide for more help.