There’s a brand new update coming to The Division 2 very soon indeed. Battle for DC will bring along new Invaded Missions, the Tidal Basin stronghold, and World Tier 5 gear, but when exactly can we expect it to launch? Well, in this The Division 2 Tidal Basin Guide, we’re going to detail what Ubisoft is adding as part of the first major update to The Division 2. We’ll take a look at the Tidal Basin release date, and also the brand new Heroic difficulty. As more info is released, we’ll be sure to update this guide to keep you in the loop.
For more on The Division 2, you can head on over to our The Division 2 Guides Hub. It’s where you’ll find a bunch of useful guides for The Division 2. There’s info on the best weapons, a look at where to find all of the Hunter Masks, and more.
The Division 2 Tidal Basin Release Date
While the Battle for DC update will add a variety of new content to The Division 2, the main event is definitely the Tidal Basin Stronghold. Details are scarce currently, but we do know that it will require a gear score of 425 to play. It will also involve the Black Tusk as enemies, so make sure you bring along some counters for their own gadgets. Tidal Basin will release April 5, 2019.
The Division 2 World Tier 5 Release Date
Currently, there are 4 World Tiers in the game, essentially brackets for endgame loot of a certain rating. Many players have already reached this point, so are eagerly awaiting the release of The Division 2 World Tier 5 Gear. It will release on April 5, 2019, and will require completion of the Tidal Basin Stronghold. We don’t yet know what the new max Gear Score of World Tier 5 will be, but it’ll likely be in the 500-550 range.
The Division 2 Heroic Difficulty
There are multiple difficulties that you can choose to play missions at in The Division 2, with the hardest being Challenging. This is all set to change with the arrival of Heroic Difficulty, which drops more gear, but with the caveat of no checkpoints. The Division 2 Heroic Difficulty will launch April 5, as part of the Battle for DC update.
The Division 2 Battle for DC Update
All of this new content is contained within the Battle For DC update which launches April 5, 2019. We’ve summarized the full contents below:
- Tidal Basin stronghold mission
- World Tier 5 unlocks upon completing that mission (a new world tier dropping stronger gear than is currently available - level 450-500)
- The first 3 gear sets released (gear sets are green-colored drops that give bonuses for being fully equipped in them (True Patriot, focusing on buffs for your team when they hit debuffed enemies, plus Ongoing Directive (focused on resource gathering) and Hard Wired (focused on skills adding shock effect, reducing cooldowns and getting buffs to damage)
- A new heroic difficulty level
- New invaded missions (these reset on a weekly timer and are not limited to the missions that are already invaded on the map - aka, essentially new missions in old environments).
- Patch notes: improvements to frame rate drops, fixes to the remaining bugs plaguing skills not deploying correctly, fixes to scaling related to playing with friends above your level (mainly armor changes), fix to menu bug with controllers where marking mods as junk and skipping categories were mapped to the same button, push-to-talk enabled by default for VOIP player, color for clan members being changed in-game (so not the same color as elite enemies)
If it's more Division 2 coverage you're after here at USG, then we've got just the guides for you. You can check out our Division 2 Exotics guide for some elite weapons, or the Division 2 character customization guide for more. Alternatively, if it's levelling information you're after, there's our Division 2 Skill Power guide, or our Division 2 XP levelling guide. Elsewhere, there's also our guide on where to get all of the Hunter Masks in The Division 2, as well as our breakdown of The Division 2 Dark Zone. In our The Division 2 Guides Hub you'll find all of our The Division 2 guides content, so be sure to check it out.