We're now well into the latter half of the Season of the Forge in Destiny 2, and it's even time to start looking ahead to the Season of the Drifter, kicking off in a matter of weeks. In this complete Destiny 2 DLC guide, we'll be compiling all the information you need to know about both past and future expansions for Bungie's FPS, including everything you need to know about the Destiny 2 Season of the Forge, and more.
Destiny 2 Black Armory
In the image below, you can see Bungie's full plan of content for the Season of the Forge in Destiny 2. As we're now into 2019, we've got precious few events left to go for the current season, and the whole thing will be drawing to a close in early February with the Crimson Days event.
But, if you've only just got going with the new Black Armory update as part of the Season of the Forge in Destiny 2, then you might be wondering how to access all the new content. Just below, we've outlined the first few steps of the quest that you'll need to undertake, in order to unlock all the Season of the Forge content.
- Firstly, visit the Spider in The Tangled Shore.
- Enter the brand new area of the Tower, and talk to Ada-1.
- Obtain a Weapon Core from a Black Armory crate on Earth.
- Collect 25 Compound Ether from Fallen enemies.
- Get multikills and Hive kills using a Power weapon.
- Defeat 25 powerful enemies (the ones with the orange health bars).
- Collect Radiant Seeds from said powerful enemies.
- Return to Ada-1 in the Tower.
Once you've completed the steps listed above, you'll have access to Volundr Forge, the new mission type featured in the Season of the Forge. For a walkthrough of how to complete Forges, and other new missions, check out our individual guides list just below:
- Destiny 2 Black Armory Weapons
- Destiny 2 Scourge of the Past Raid
- Destiny 2 Black Armory New Power Level Cap
- Destiny 2 Forge Saboteur Enemies
- Destiny 2 New Forge Missions
- Destiny 2 Bergusia Forge Guide
- Destiny 2 Mysterious Box Guide
- Destiny 2 The Last Word Exotic Quest Guide
Destiny 2 DLC Schedule
Looking ahead into the first and second quarters of 2019, Bungie has a roadmap planned out for Destiny 2. You can see the full schedule just below, which includes the Season of the Drifter launching in March 2019, and then an unknown seasonal event following on nearer the middle of the year.
As of right now, there isn't too much information about the finer details of the Season of the Drifter. It'll introduce new Gambit maps and modes, as well as a brand new Exotic weapon quest, similar to The Draw quest featured in the Season of the Forge. We'll make sure to build upon this section with all future information from Bungie.
Destiny 2 Forsaken DLC Expansion
So far, as of early 2019, Destiny 2 has received three full DLC expansion packs since launch. The first of these was the Curse of Osiris in December 2017, followed by the Warmind expansion in May 2018. Finally, the Forsaken expansion launched in September 2018, which was the first piece of DLC content to be covered by the new Destiny 2 Annual Pass.
If you're still working your way through the older parts of Destiny 2 before moving onto newer content, then we've got you covered. Just below, you can find a complete list of all our Destiny 2 Forsaken guides, which include Gambit tips, Forsaken weapons, and more.
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Level up Quickly Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Heroic Public Events Guide
- Destiny 2 How to Unlock the Dreaming City Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Weapons Guide
- Destiny 2 Ace of Spades Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2 Cayde's Secret Stash Locations Guide
- Destiny 2 The Last Wish Raid Guide
Destiny 2 Annual Season Pass
We previously mentioned the Destiny 2 Annual Pass, that covered the Forsaken expansion in late 2018. However the Annual Pass also covers content leading into 2019, a complete list of which you can find just below:
- Forsaken Expansion in Fall 2018.
- Black Armory update in Winter 2018.
- Joker's Wild update in Spring 2019.
- Penumbra update in Summer 2019.
This is the culmination of all the information that we currently have on the Destiny 2 DLC, but we'll be sure to keep this guide updated with any new information the moment it breaks.