PUBG Mobile is the handheld alternative to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and is available to download on iOS or Android devices. On top of it being available on the go, you can download PUBG Mobile entirely for free. In this complete guide to the game, we'll be going over all the PUBG Mobile tips you need to know in our beginner's guide, how to initiate the PUBG Mobile download, and more.
PUBG Mobile Tips
- Within the 'Settings' menu of PUBG mobile, you can turn on gyroscopic aiming with your phone. It actually helps more than you think.
- On top of this, make sure aim assist is turned on for PUBG mobile. It really helps you hone in on distant targets, especially since aiming with touch controls is way harder than a mouse or controller.
- You can play in either Solo, Duo, or Squads in PUBG mobile. Remember to share the loot out if you're in a team, it'll pays to help your teammates.
- Remember that if you're on the go and don't want to drain your battery, you can downgrade the graphics and textures of PUBG mobile in the Settings menu option.
- As great as colorful clothes look on your character, muted colors like green and grey can really help you blend into the scenery.
- You can turn on 'Auto Pick-Up' in the Settings section of PUBG mobile. This option enables you to automatically pick up better gear that's lying on the floor, so you can don't have to spend time working out which items you should discard.
- Remember to check your surroundings before looting the gear of a defeated enemy. It's also a good idea to go prone on the ground while you're sifting through their belongings, which reduces your chances of being seen.
- If you need to swim through water, remember that you can swim downwards to go underwater. You can breathe underwater, only for a short while, but it does prevent you from being seen.
PUBG Mobile Download
The PUBG Mobile download is a painless process. All you need to do to download the game is head to either the App Store on your iOS device, or go over to the Google Play Store on your Android device. Remember that the PUBG Mobile download can be initiated entirely for free, since unlike the PC version of the game on Steam, PUBG Corp won't charge you a cent for PUBG Mobile.
PUBG Mobile Controls
No matter if it’s your first, or hundredth game of PUBG, you’re going to want to know how to get to grips with the mobile version of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds. We’re happy to report that PUBG Mobile is actually a great representation of the original game that launched last year on PC. As you can see in the screen just below, all the controls for PUBG Mobile are touch based.
You’ll be using the left touch pad on the screen to move your player avatar around, while you’ll be using the right hand sign of the screen to crouch, jump, vault, aim, and fire, which means you’ve got to be fairly quick with your right hand if you’re going to survive combat encounters with other PUBG Mobile players.
Is PUBG Mobile Full of Bots?
We mentioned previously that there's a Chinese version of PUBG Mobile, and this differs from the standard version of the game in an interesting way. According to The Verge, there are actually bots deployed by PUBG Corp in PUBG Mobile, in order to help ease new players into the game on mobile.
This is obviously very different from the standard version of PUBG on PC, and since the bots are actually pretty dumb, it makes the whole game a fair bit easier on the mobile side of things.
We might be all done with our PUBG Mobile guide, but continue ahead to our complete PUBG weapons guide, if you want all the details on every single weapons in the PC version of the game, from everything from sniper rifles to shotguns.