Days Gone features huge swarms of fast, dangerous, and hungry Freakers. You’ll need a lot of firepower to take them on, especially in large number, so it’s great that Days Gone has a huge range of powerful weapons to choose from. There are SMGs, pistols, shotguns, and more, but which ones are worth your time? Well, in this Days Gone Weapons Guide, we’ll be taking a look at the best weapons in Days Gone. We’ll also breakdown the stats for every weapon going, and answer the question of whether or not you can store weapons in Days Gone.
On this page:
- Days Gone Weapons
- Days Gone Best Weapons
- Days Gone: What Are the Best Guns Early On?
- Can You Store Weapons in Days Gone?
- Days Gone Best Sidearm
Best Weapons in Days Gone
While there's a lot of weapons in Days Gone, we consider the best to be any of these. If you should happen to be close to their location, they're definitely worth getting!
- Chicago Chopper - you pick this SMG up from Wizard Island, and you absolutely should. This weapon can kill Freakers with a single shot, and holds up to 330 rounds.
- .50 BFG - For taking down elite enemies like Breakers and Ragers, you’ll want to pack the BFG. It will one-shot most enemies, and will down more powerful ones in just three.
- Drifter Crossbow - The crossbow is great for its emphasis on stealth. You can also recover some of the bolts you use, and can craft ammo while out in the Shit.
All Weapon Types
There are a bunch of weapons to choose from in Days Gone, and not all of them are worth your time and hard-earned Camp Credits. To help you decide, we’ve detailed all of the weapons in Days Gone in the following table. We’ll take a look at price, stats, and more. First, here's a list of the different weapon types in Days Gone.
- Assault Rifles
- Sawn-Off Shotguns
- Sniper Rifles
Days Gone: What Are the Best Guns Early On?
Knowing what the best weapons in Days Gone are is great and all, but you won’t have access to a lot of them right away. At the start of the game, you’ll need to make do with the lower-level vendors, though there are some ways to get ahead early on. We recommend picking up the following guns as soon as possible.
- Stinger SMG
To help you decide which Days Gone weapons you want to go for, we've included a comprehensive weapon stats table below. Weapons are ordered by tier, and include everything listed in the game.
|Weapons||Tier||Cost||Type||DMG||Range||ACC||Rate of Fire||Bullet Pen||Stopping Power||Mag|
Can You Store Weapons in Days Gone?
While out killing baddies in Days Gone’s huge open world, you’ll likely come across weapons that have been left behind or dropped. You can pick up these weapons, but can you store them in your Gun Locker? Well, the bad news is no, you cannot store weapons that you can find out in the open. You’ll need to own them first, so get saving up those camp credits.
Days Gone Best Sidearm
You’ll likely learn to rely on your Primary and Special weapons in Days Gone. And while these will see you through most situations, you’ll need your sidearm in a pinch. Here’s the best sidearm in Days Gone:
- PDW - The PDW is the most powerful sidearm in the game. It will one-shot Freakers, and humans too!