In this Destiny 2 guide, we'll be running over all the key Destiny 2 tips you need, including how to unlock the Sparrow, as well as all the best Destiny 2 weapons, on top of how to get to grips with the new Guided Games feature. We'll be keeping this up to date with all the new Destiny 2 updates that Bungie implement for the game, as well as all the forthcoming Destiny 2 DLC expansions.
Destiny 2 Guide
Throughout the section of our Destiny 2 guide just below, you'll find all the information you need to get to grips with the combat of the game, be it through Nightfall Strikes or the Leviathan Raid, as well as Exotic weapons and armor items like the MIDA Multi-Tool or the Rat King.
Destiny 2 Bounties
As part of update 1.2.3, Bounties are now live in Destiny 2. You can read all about them in our Destiny 2 Bounties Guide.
Destiny 2 Weapon and Armor Guides
- Destiny 2 Weapons and Armor Guide - Rare and Exotic Weapons and Armor, How to Get Them
- Destiny 2 Weapons Guide - Rare and Exotic Weapons, How to Unlock Them, Weapon Stats and Perks
- Destiny 2 Armor Guide - Rare and Exotic Armor, How to Unlock Them, Armor Stats and Perks
- Destiny 2 Mida Multi-Tool - How to get this Exotic Scout Rifle - Step by Step Guide
- Destiny 2 Rat King Riddle Solutions - How to get the Rat King Exotic Weapon
- Destiny 2 Sturm - How to get this Exotic Hand Cannon
- Destiny 2 Legend of Acrius - How to Get this Exotic Shotgun
- Destiny 2 Legendary Mods Guide - All the Best Weapon/Armor Mods
- Destiny 2 Damage Types - What do the Colored Enemy Shields Mean?
Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris DLC Guides
Just below, you'll find a comprehensive list of all our guides on the Curse of Osiris DLC expansion, which we'll be continually building on and adding to.
- Curse of Osiris DLC Guides Hub
- Curse of Osiris Mercury Public Events Guide
- Curse of Osiris Earning Mercury Tokens Guide
- Curse of Osiris A Garden World Strike Guide
- Curse of Osiris Tree of Probabilities Strike Guide
- Curse of Osiris Prometheus Lens Guide
- Curse of Osiris Lost Prophecy Weapons Guide
- Curse of Osiris Sagira's Exotic Ghost Shell Guide
- Curse of Osiris Eater of Worlds Raid Lair Guide
Destiny 2 - Bungie's Updates and Response to Criticism
After cancelling the planned Curse of Osiris DLC livestream, Bungie leadership released a lengthy blog post, detailing all the planned changes they would be making to Destiny 2, in the face of overwhelming criticism of the progression system. Just below, you can find the complete list of changes that Bungie is planning to make to Destiny 2.
- A new weapon tier called Masterwork will track stats for the weapon, add re-rollable stat bonuses, and new item detail screens.
- Vendor rewards will be improved, adding new ways for players to purchase items with Vendor Tokens and Legendary Shards.
- New armor ornaments will change depending on Challenges that players complete.
- A January update will improve the rewards for completing Prestige activities.
- A new Heroic Strike Playlist will be introduced in the December update.
- Ranked PvP and private Crucible matches will be added at some point in early 2018.
- Better spawning and improved Supremacy scoring will be implemented in the Crucible at a later date.
- A system for penalising players who quit early in the Crucible is in development.
- Both Faction Rally and Iron Banner events will have an improved reward system, the next time they reappear in the game.
- The Gunsmith will have improvements to how Mods are acquired for both weapons and armor.
- Some form of improvements to under-performing Exotics will be added at some point in the future, as well as protection against duplicate Exotics.
- Xur will have new items at some point, although we're not sure what exactly these new items are.
- Players will be able to spend Vendor Tokens and Legendary Shards directly on vendor items.
- A new emote interface that will allow players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out at the same time.
These are all the complete changes that we have right now, straight from the mouths of Bungie leadership. You can be sure that we'll be expanding on all the above information, as soon as hear any additional details from the developer.
How to Unlock Destiny 2's Pre-Order Coldheart Weapon and Pre-Order Items
If you pre-ordered Destiny 2, you're probably looking forward to the Exotic weapon Coldheart pre-order bonus, as seen below with Big Show.
Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until you complete the main campaign of Destiny 2, and hit the base level cap of 20, before you can collect Coldheart from the Gunsmith at the Farm.
Two other items, a Legendary sword and a special Kill-Tracker Ghost Shell, are also pre-order bonuses, but these items can also only be claimed after beating the main campaign of the game.
But, there are a few pre-order items you can collect now, including a Legendary Salute Emote and an exclusive Cabal-themed Emblem, both of which can be found inside the Vault at the Farm.
Destiny 2 Story Mission Walkthrough
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Homecoming Story Mission
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Spark Story Mission - Unlock Farm and Crucible
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Combustion Story Mission - Unlock Titan
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Hope Story Mission
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Riptide Story Mission
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Ghaul Boss Fight
- How to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 Heroic Public Events
Destiny 2 Flashpoints Walkthrough
Destiny 2 Social Hub and European Dead Zone
- Destiny 2 European Dead Zone Guide
- Destiny 2 Lost Sectors Guide
- Destiny 2 The Farm Social Hub Guide
- Destiny 2 The Traveler Social Hub Guide
Destiny 2 Vendors and Xur Guide
- Destiny 2 Xur and Vendors Guide
- Destiny 2 Glimmer Guide
- Destiny 2 Silver Guide
- Destiny 2 Legendary Shards Guide
- Destiny 2 Faction Rallies Guide
Destiny 2 Class Guides
- Destiny 2 XP and Power Level Guide
- Destiny 2 High Power Level Guide
- Destiny 2 Class Guide - How Does Levelling Work in Destiny 2?
- Destiny 2 Hunter Subclasses Guide
- Destiny 2 Titan Subclasses Guide
- Destiny 2 Warlock Subclasses Guide
Destiny 2 Strike Guides
- Destiny 2 Strikes Walkthrough Hub
- Destiny 2 Inverted Spire Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Savathun's Song Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 The Pyramidion Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 The Arms Dealer Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Exodus Crash Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Nightfall Strikes Guide
- Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris A Garden World Strike Guide
Destiny 2 Nightfall Strikes Guide
- Destiny 2 Inverted Spire Nightfall Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Exodus Crash Nightfall Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 The Pyramidion Nightfall Strike Guide
Destiny 2 Raid Guides
- Destiny 2 General Raid Guide
- Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid Prep Guide
- Destiny 2 Full Leviathan Raid Walkthrough Guide
- Destiny 2 Guided Games Explained
- Destiny 2 How to Find a Fireteam Guide
Destiny 2 Crucible and Trials of the Nine Guides
- Destiny 2 Crucible Guide - Clash, Supremacy, Survival, Control, Countdown Tips
- Destiny 2 Endless Vale Crucible Map - Tips and Tricks
- Destiny 2 Vostok Crucible Map - Tips and Tricks
- Destiny 2 Dead Cliffs Map - Tips and Tricks
- Destiny 2 Trials of the Nine Guide
- Destiny 2 Bounties Guide
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Guide
How Long Have I Played Destiny 2 for?
Destiny 2 is a game that you'll likely want to play for days, if not weeks, if not months on end. Although there are plenty of bragging rights up for grabs over your Power Level, another point of contention is time played. But how can you see how long you've played Destiny 2 for?
A handy website, going by the name D2Checklist, lets you check how long you've been playing Destiny 2 for. You simply have to enter your PSN or Xbox Live profile name, and your time played and level info appears. Pretty handy!
How to Create a Destiny 2 Clan
There are many benefits of either joining or setting up your own Destiny 2 Clan. Firstly, it allows you to band together with your friends to take on Crucible, Strike, Raid, and other activities, and when your Clan friends earn rewards while you aren't playing alongside them, you earn the reward they gained as well.
To either create or join a specific Clan, head over to the official Bungie.net site, where you can set up your Clan for your friends to join through the same page, or join a Clan that has already been set up.
Destiny 2's Social Hub - The Farm
In Destiny 2 the much-loved Tower is no more. The social space so familiar to players of the original game is being replaced by The Farm. IGN got a first look at The Farm, and we've broken down the key info for you below.
- The Farm appears to be a similar size to The Tower.
- It includes a Cryptarch, Tyra Karn - previously seen in Rise of Iron.
- It also includes a Postmaster robot for checking your mail.
- A football pitch is included, complete with goals and a scoreboard.
- 26 players can be in an instance of The Farm at once.
- The Farm will change over time, adding new human survivors and specific key characters.
The Farm is located in the European Dead Zone, where you can encounter Fallen, Taken, The Red Legion, and more challenging enemies. For all this and more, including a brand new vendor in the region, head over to our Destiny 2 European Dead Zone guide.
Lost Sectors, mysterious new locations marked on your map by characters throughout the game, will reveal new challenges and bosses to the player in Destiny 2. Four brand new locations were also briefly shown, called Nessus, Io, Titan, and the European Dead Zone, the latter of which is slated to be the largest single map space in the game.
Guided Games, another new addition to Destiny 2, allows single players to be paired up with a Clan, meaning that you don't necessarily have to join a Clan to reap the rewards from playing alongside one in co-operative game modes.
Destiny 2 PS4 Exclusive Content
Activision and Bungie have revealed that PS4 owners will get exclusive content for Destiny 2, with PC and Xbox One players not getting their hands on it until some point in 2018.
The PlayStation 4 Destiny 2 exclusive content includes:
- Exclusive Strike, called Lake of Shadows
- Exclusive PvP map
- Exclusive Exotic weapon
Destiny 2: Standard Edition
If you're just after the base version of Destiny 2 and nothing else, then look no further than the standard edition of the game, available from virtually every retailer that deals in video games for $59.99/£49.99, as well as on each digital console storefront for the same price.
- Pre-order Destiny 2 PS4 Standard Edition
- Pre-order Destiny 2 Xbox One Standard Edition
- Pre-order Destiny 2 PC Standard Edition
Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe edition
The Digital Deluxe edition of Destiny 2 will feature the base game as well as the Expansion Pass, which promises two expansions that feature brand new story missions, co-op multiplayer and missions, as well as new armour, weapons and gear. On top of this, the Digital Deluxe edition will come with a Legendary sword, a Legendary player emote, and a special Cabal Empire themed emblem.
As it states in the name, the Digital Deluxe edition will only be available to purchase digitally, meaning that you'll have to head to your console storefront to purchase the edition, be this the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, or the PC platform that is yet to be announced by Bungie.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.