FIFA 18 is the latest game in the multi-million selling football franchise. This year FIFA 18 promises to deliver a more realistic gameplay experience, with a greater emphasis on individual player traits. There are also loads of new gameplay changes, and neat additions like quick subs. In this FIFA 18 guide - Tips and Tricks hub, we’ll give you all the info you need to become the best FIFA 18 player possible on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch.
FIFA 18 Guide - FIFA 18 Tips and Tricks
Below you'll find a complete list of all our guides to FIFA 18, covering all aspects of the game. We've also got some general tips to get you started if you're new to FIFA.
Best Players in FIFA 18
Finding the best players in FIFA 18 is essential if you want to build the best team in career mode or in FIFA 18 Ultimate Team. We’ve got loads of FIFA 18 guides to help you here, including all the best players in FIFA 18, plus the best young FIFA 18 players with potential, and the best FIFA 18 players in all positions.
- FIFA 18 Upgrades - All new FIFA 18 Player Ratings After Refresh
- FIFA 18 Best 100 Players
- FIFA 18 Best Goalkeepers
- FIFA 18 Best Defenders
- FIFA 18 Best Midfielders
- FIFA 18 Best Attackers
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Icons Player Ratings guide
- Best young players in FIFA 18
- FIFA 18 - Best Young Defenders and Goalkeepers
- FIFA 18 - Best Young Midfielders
- FIFA 18 - Best Young Strkers and Wingers
- FIFA 18 - Best Cheap Players in Ultimate Team
- FIFA 18 Best Free Kick Takers
- FIFA 18 Best Hidden Gems
- FIFA 18 5-Star Skill Players - All Skill Moves
- FIFA 18 Fastest Players
FIFA 18 How to Guides - Become the Best at FIFA 18
Here we'll detail info on how to get better at key areas of FIFA 18, including defending and scoring goals.
- How to Defend in FIFA 18
- How to Score Lots of Goals in FIFA 18
- How to Use Quick Subs in FIFA 18
- FIFA 18 The Journey: Hunter Returns Guide
- How to Perform Goal Celebrations in FIFA 18
- FIFA 18 PC System Specs - What PC is Needed to run FIFA 18?
- FIFA 18 Career Mode Transfer Negotiation Guide
- FIFA 18: How to Set up an Overpowered Team - Best Formations and Tactics
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Guides
Here we'll detail FIFA 18 Ultimate Team and give tips on how to get the most out of this hugely popular game mode.
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Guide - What is Ultimate Team
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team - How to Earn FIFA Coins Quickly and Easily
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Chemistry Explained - How to get Great Chemistry
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Chemistry Styles Explained
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team TOTW 32 - Updated Every Week
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Squad Battles Guide
- FIFA 18 - Best Premier League Ultimate Team Build
- FIFA 18 - Best La Liga Ultimate Team Build
- FIFA 18 Card Packs - Gold, Silver, Broze - Limited Time Packs
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Ones to Watch Cards - OTW Player Cards
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Draft Guide
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Squad Battles - How to Earn the Most Points and Beat Legendary Teams
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Squad Building Challenges Guide
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Scream Guide
- FIFA 18 FUT Birthday Squad
FIFA 18 World Cup Update Guides
Here you'll find all our guides and info about the FIFA 18 World Cup update, including how FUT Chemistry has changed and if the update is free.
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Guide - What Teams are Included?
- FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team - FUT World Cup 2018 Guide
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Stadiums
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Argentina Player Ratings
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Belgium Player Ratings
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 France Player Ratings
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Germany Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Spain Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 England Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Brazil Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 AFC Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 CAF Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 CONMEBOL Player Ratings
FIFA 18 Essential Tips
- Keep the Ball Moving - When playing FIFA 18, especially against AI opponents, you should always try to keep the ball moving. Pass, pass, pass, even if you don’t really have an idea in mind. Passing the ball back or to the side is much better than dallying on the ball and losing possession. The more you pass, the greater chance you have of creating some space for an attack.
- Sprinting is Dangerous - There is a time and a place for sprinting in FIFA 18. If you’re desperately trying to catch an attacker or there is plenty of space to run into, go for it. Sprint away. However, generally sprinting will see you lose control of the ball and you’ll become an easy target for defenders. Never sprint in a crowded area as you’ll knock the ball ahead and a defender will easily be able to dispossess you.
- Don’t Rush Your Attack - While it’s tempting to try and break quickly by passing the ball quickly up the pitch, this doesn’t always work as you’ll find your striker received the ball in midfield without any support. If most of your team is back defending when you get possession, pass the ball around a bit before heading to far foward to make sure attackers have support around them.
- Don’t Wildly Press Tackle - Although this might sound obvious, it’s tempting to repeatedly press the tackle button when you’re trying to win back possession. We’ve got more details in our guide on how to tackle in FIFA 18, but the simple version is that if you miss a tackle your defender is out of the game for second, leaving the attacker to run through. Positioning yourself in front of the attacker’s path is a good, safe tactic.
- Don't be Afraid to Lower Difficulty - When you start playing a new version of FIFA it can take a while to get to grips with the changes. To start with, lower the AI difficulty so you get more time on the ball and can learn how the game plays without being too pressured.
If you're looking for help with FIFA 19, we've got a full FIFA 19 guide. If you'd rather hop directly to one of our specific guides, we've got them all for you just below.
- FIFA 19 Best Player Ratings Guide
- FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Guide
- FIFA 19 Defending Guide
- FIFA 19 Fastest Players
- FIFA 19 Best Young Players
- FIFA 19 How to Score Lots of Goals
- FIFA 19 Hidden Gems and Wonderkids
- FIFA 19 The Journey Walkthrough
- FIFA 19 Coins - How to Earn FIFA 19 Coins Fast in FUT 19
- FIFA TOTW 3 - FUT Team of the Week 3 October 3, 2018 for FIFA 19
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.