Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus brings the action to America, and for the first time in the series, you can now play it on the Nintendo Switch. In this Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus tips guide, we'll be walking you through the best and most effective way to kill Nazis as easily as possible, along with a section on the best Wolfenstein 2 weapons to go with it.
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Guide
First off, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus follows on from The New Order, continuing the story of William J. Blazkowicz as he recovers from the near-fatal injuries sustained at the end of The New Order. As usual, Nazi Germany ended up winning the Second World War, so Blazkowicz must venture back to his homeland of America, and take it back from Nazi occupation, with fellow resistance fighters.
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is a game all about explosive firepower, big weapons, and hordes of Nazi soldiers and machines coming for you. Don't be put off by the images that go along with the difficulty menu at the very start of the game - The New Colossus is actually notoriously difficult in some parts, so bear in mind that you can knock the difficulty down a notch at any time.
The New Colossus doesn't load a save of your playthrough of The New Order, but instead asks you to make the choice between sacrificing Fergus or Wyatt all over again. This decision won't have any major impact on the story of Wolfenstein 2, but it will change your companions aboard the Evas Hammer in between missions, and it'll also occasionally change the weaponry you can kit yourself out with.
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Perks Explained
The New Colossus introduces a brand new Perks system for William J. Blazkowicz, which is split up into three categories: Stealth, Mayhem, and Tactical. Every time you kill an enemy in Wolfenstein 2, the way you kill them adds to the rank of the corresponding Perk. For example, if you killed someone via a sneak attack, your total Stealth Perk level would increase slightly.
Increasing your Stealth Perk will increase the speed at which you travel while sneaking, whereas firing with dual weapons will increase the Mayhem Perk, which will subsequently increase the amount of ammunition you can carry. We'd highly recommend leveling up the Stealth and Mayhem Perks first, since taking down a few enemies via stealth whenever you enter a new area is always a good tactic, and you can never carry too much ammunition.
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Tips and Tricks
Just below, we've got a complete list of tips and tricks for The New Colossus, in order to help you guide Blazkowicz safely through Nazi territory.
- The pace of Wolfenstein 2 is high, so rather than hunkering down and waiting out a fight, we'd always recommend moving around the arena.
- Don't forget that Blazkowicz isn't invincible, despite his past heroics. Sometimes finding cover when your health gets too low is a solid way to pick off some enemies from cover and stay alive.
- If you are staying in one spot for a while, a good tactic can be to lure your enemies into a corridor, and take them out in quick succession.
- Should you get your hands on a laser weapon, we'd recommend saving it for a big fight with any of the tougher, mechanics opponents in the game. If you ever run out of laser ammo, look around for a nearby charging station.
- Maps aren't a given in Wolfenstein 2, and near the beginning of any mission, you should always keep an eye out for small scraps of paper lying around, as these could be map parts.
- Don't forget to dual wield! Although it arguably decreases your accuracy, dual wielding two weapons in Wolfenstein 2 doubles your firepower, so it's a no-brainer if you want to take down some powerful enemies up close, and quickly.
- Remember that although The New Colossus is all about big action set pieces, sneaking is always an option, especially when you're low on either health or ammunition.
- There are plenty of alternate routes to take in the various maps of The New Colossus. These alternate paths are where you'll nearly always find collectibles in the game, so it's well worth exploring these hidden paths.
Be sure to keep an eye on this Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus guide because, as we mentioned right from the jump, we'll be updating this guide with all the latest secrets and hints that we uncover as we venture forth into Nazi land.