Following the news that EA will be suspending loot crates in Star Wars Battlefront 2-at least until DICE finds the right progression balance-Ghost Games will also be changing up its maligned loot system to offer better drops, ease progression, and streamline the whole customization process.
Need for Speed Payback, like other Triple-A games this fall season, also features a loot crate system (called "Shipments") which rewards Speed Cards and Speed Points that are necessary to improve a player's car.
The new updates improves the rewards granted to players, and frees up availability for the Tune-Up Shops stock. The full list of updates include (h/t VG247):
- Increased REP awarded for taking part in events
- Increased Bank awarded for taking part in events
- Bait Crates now reward increased REP
- Bait Crates now reward increased Bank
- Racing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP
- Racing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank
- Air Suspension now more common in Shipments
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event not in first place
- Decreased time for new part to appear in Tune-Up shows, from 30 minutes to 10 minutes
- Increased rate for parts as rewarded within Ranked Speedlists
In a statement Ghost Games says that the updates are meant to "make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars a much more enjoyable experience[.]"