Animal Crossing New Horizons makes smart changes to the series' tried and tested formula. As a result, there's a lot to learn, for new players and returning ones. We've been busy playing Animal Crossing New Horizons for a while now, and have written a ton of guides on everything from getting started to making tools and customizing them. On this page you'll find all of our guides on the game, forming a walkthrough for beginner's and series veterans alike.
On this page:
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Walkthrough
- Beginner's Guides
- Shop Guides
- Miles and Bells
- Changing Personal Info, and Save Data
- Getting Around Your Island
Animal Crossing New Horizons Walkthrough
We've put together a lot of guides for Animal Crossing New Horizons, so many in fact that we've split them into a number of different categories. Read on for more info on Bells, Nook Miles, and everything else you'll need to know.
There's a lot to learn when starting up in Animal Crossing New Horizons, so we've collected some beginner's guides below. These cover everything from choosing your island to changing the camera angle.
- How to Choose An Island
- Answer the Choose ONE thing Question
- How to Break rocks
- How to Change the Camera Angle
- Can your Slingshot Break?
- How to Cut Down Trees
- What are the Glowing Holes in the Ground
- How to Get the Presents on Balloons
- How to Remove Tree Stumps
- How to Craft Medicine
- What to Do if You're Stung by Wasps
- How to Catch Tarantulas
- Where to Find Tree Branches
- Seasons Explained
- Increasing Your Storage Space
- How to Save
- Controls Guide
- Fruits guide
Animal Crossing is set to add a number of events throughout the year. We'll collect info on all of them here:
There are a handful of shops and buildings to unlock while playing Animal Crossing New Horizons. Here's all our guides on the museum, Nook's Cranny, and more.
Your house will become near and dear to your heart as you play Animal Crossing New Horizons. Here's everything you need to know.
- Here's How to Buy a House, and Then Make it Bigger
- How to Move Buildings
- Changing your roof color
- Change the Color of Your Front Door
You'll need to collect a constant supply of resources and materials to stay ahead. Here are our guides on resources like Iron Nuggets and Gold.
- Where to Farm Gold Nuggets
- Best Way to Get Iron Nuggets
- What Are Star Fragments?
- Wood, Softwood and Hardwood Explained
- Buying and Selling Turnips
- Everything you need to know about Fossils
- How to Get Rusted Parts
- How to Get Cherry Blossom Petals
You won't get very far in New Horizons without tools. Here's our guides on Tools.
Miles and Bells
Your island economy runs on Bells and Miles. Here's how to make sure you have enough to expand buildings, and grow your island.
Changing Personal Info, and Save Data
You're given a lot of choice in how you present yourself in New Horizons. If you want to change anything, like your name for example, use these guides.
- Can You Change the Name of Your Island?
- Can You Change Your Name and Birthday?
- How to Delete Your Island/Save
Getting Around Your Island
When you start out in Animal Crossing New Horizons, most of your island will be inaccessible. Here's how to remedy that.
- Getting Up Cliffs
- How to Cross Streams Using the Vaulting Pole
- How to Build a Bridge
- Building Inclines
- How to Sprint
You have the freedom to customize a lot of different elements of your island here. These are all of our guides on customization.
- How to Change Your Island Tune
- How to Change Your Phone Case
- Getting the Island Designer App
- Custom Designs, Custom Designs Pro
- How to Customize Items
- How to Change Your Appearence
- How to Build Fences
- Planting Flowers and Trees
- Building paths
- Sharing your designs and scanning QR codes
The people you live with and the friends you'll make while playing the game will be a major part of the experience. Here are our guides on bringing new neighbours in, and getting special visitors.
- Helping Gulliver Find Communicator Parts
- How to Invite Characters to Your Island, When Will They Show Up?
- How to Get Isabelle on Your Island
- How to Get KK Slider to Visit Your Island
- Local Co-op Explained
- How to Unlock Reactions
- Sending Presents and Letters Through the Mail
- Getting Villagers to Leave
- What is the Maximum Number of Villagers
Fish and Bugs
In this list we'll include guides related to catching fish and bugs.