Animal Crossing New Horizons has a lot of dragonflies to catch, but one of the rarest is the black and yellow Banded Dragonfly. Here we'll show you how to catch a Banded Dragonfly and where you can find them on your own island.
On this page:
- How to Catch a Banded Dragonfly in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- How Much Do Banded Dragonflies Sell For?
How to Catch a Banded Dragonfly in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Banded Dragonflies can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons in the right time and weather, as well as working out how to get ahead of them. If you want to catch a Banded Dragonfly, the following advice will help you:
- Banded Dragonflies can spawn on islands between May and October (in the Northern Hemisphere) or November to April (in the Southern Hemisphere).
- During this time period, they will only be around in the day, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. There's no way to find one at night.
- They also do not spawn when it is raining.
- Banded Dragonflies tend to spawn near water sources, but fly very fast in all directions, making them difficult to catch. They're also very rare, so if you miss your chance to get one, it might be a while before another appears.
- Banded Dragonflies can be difficult to separate from other kinds, but they have thin yellow and black striped bodies and green eyes to give them away.
- To catch one, follow it relentlessly with the net, and don't let it get too far away in case it despawns! They can pass over any obstacle, so cornering them is difficult. The best advice is simply to try and work out where it's going to be, and quickly run there with your net equipped to be ready for it. You should also definitely have a vaulting pole ready in case it crosses a river, which you can find out how to make here.
We've been busy plugging away on a bunch more Animal Crossing New Horizons guides. You can find close to 100 guides right here on USG, and if you head to our AC: New Horizons Walkthrough you'll see them all in one handy place. From guides on the different kinds of buildings, to detailed breakdowns of how to catch specific bugs and fish, we've got you covered.
How Much Do Banded Dragonflies Sell For?
Banded Dragonflies can be sold to Nook's Cranny for 4500 bells, and to Flick the Chameleon for 6750 bells. If you need to know where Flick is, check this guide here. The high value of Banded Dragonflies makes them great to sell, but their rarity means you should definitely remember to give one to Blathers first.
We've banded together here at USgamer to make some of the best Animal Crossing content around. Check out Caty's review of New Horizons here, or why not take a look at how fans made their own Nintendo Direct about the game here?