Appearing in the late spring of Animal Crossing New Horizons, the Giant Trevally is stocky, seafaring fish that's hard to find but worth the effort. We'll cover how to catch a Giant Trevally and how much you can sell it for.
On this page:
- How to Catch a Giant Trevally in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Giant Trevally Shadow Size
- How Much Do Giant Trevallies Sell For?
How to Catch a Giant Trevally in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Giant Trevally in Animal Crossing New Horizons, equip any fishing rod and make sure the following conditions are met:
- Giant Trevallies only spawn between May-October (in the Northern Hemisphere) and November-April (in the Southern Hemisphere).
- Within this time frame, Giant Trevally can appear at any time of day or night.
- You can only catch a Giant Trevally by fishing off the pier and into the ocean. You can't catch them in rivers, ponds or by fishing off the beach; you have to use the pier.
- Giant Trevallies are very rare, and the fact that only one fish tends to hang around the pier at a single time means it's best to spam fish bait into the water until the right shadow size appears (see below).
Giant Trevally Shadow Size
Each Giant Trevally has a large shadow size, second largest in the whole game. We suggest casting your rod at any shadow bigger than average, just to be safe.
How Much Do Giant Trevallies Sell For?
A Giant Trevally can be sold for 4500 bells, or to CJ for 6,750 bells (you can find out his schedule here). While this is a good price, the rarity of Giant Trevally means that farming them isn't really viable, not without huge amounts of time and fish bait. For more options on what you can catch instead, we've laid out all the available bugs and fish here.
We're all well-trevalled in Animal Crossing New Horizons, and our content always reflects that. Hirun's well-heeled thoughts on the power of routine are awaiting here, or you could always see Caty's story about how she made her island "a Soviet, Sing-A-Long Hell."