Despite the appeal of larger fish, there's something to be said for something you can keep comfortably on a table in your Animal Crossing New Horizons home. Here we'll show you how to catch a guppy and the best things you can do with those you catch.
On this page:
How to Catch a Guppy In Animal Crossing New Horizons
Guppies are fairly rare in Animal Crossing, but there's certain things to look out for to know that you are or aren't wasting your time fishing for them. If you are going guppy-grabbing, keep all this in mind:
- Guppies only spawn in rivers.
- It must be April-November (if you're in the Northern hemisphere) or October-April (if you're in the Southern Hemisphere).
- They appear in the daytime, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- They have the smallest possible shadows of any fish, so ignore or scare away anything larger than that.
- Even with all these provisos, they're still pretty rare. You might have to fish for a while before you get one.
How Much Do Guppies Sell For?
Guppies are worth a relatively respectable 1,300 bells each, better than most fish but not as valuable as the real heavy-hitters like coelacanths. Make sure you donate the first one you get to Blathers; it'll actually be the first fish you come across in that wing of the Museum. Alternatively, save them up and give them to CJ for an extra 50% price increase - if you need to know where to find him, we've covered that here.