One of the more endearingly-named creatures in Animal Crossing New Horizons, the Nibble Fish is hard to catch and easy to miss. We'll show you how to catch a Nibble Fish for yourself, as well as what they're worth when sold.
On this page:
- How to Catch a Nibble Fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Nibble Fish Shadow Size
- How Much Do Nibble Fish Sell For?
How to Catch a Nibble Fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
You can catch your own Nibble Fish with a fishing rod as normal. However, Nibble Fish don't spawn at all times, so remember the following when looking for one:
- Nibble Fish are only present in May to September (in the Northern Hemisphere) and November to March (in the Southern Hemisphere). They won't spawn outside of these times.
- On top of that, Nibble Fish also appear only in the day, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM. It's impossible to catch one at night.
- Nibble Fish only spawn in rivers, not in oceans or ponds.
- They're a very rare breed of fish, even with these stipulations met. You might spend some time looking for one, and make sure that you check the shadow size below.
Nibble Fish Shadow Size
Nibble Fish have the smallest possible shadow of any fish in the game, practically a dot on the water. Check up and down the rivers on your island, and fish for anything that seems tiny.
How Much Do Nibble Fish Sell For?
Nibble Fish are worth 1,500 bells each when sold to Nook's Cranny, but are difficult to farm because of their rarity. You can also sell them for 2,250 to CJ when he appears on your island (you can check CJ's schedule here), or see what other, more profitable fish are available to catch at our guide here.
If you enjoyed that nibble of our Animal Crossing content, there's plenty more fish in the sea. Caty's review of New Horizons can be caught over here, or get a dose of cold water with our tribute to tarantula island here.