With butterflies flourishing in the spring and summer seasons across Animal Crossing New Horizons, one of the rarest - the Queen Alexandra's Birdwing - is now available for players to catch. We'll show you how to catch a Queen Alexandra's Birdwing for your museum and how much you can sell it for.
On this page:
- How to Catch a Queen Alexandra's Birdwing in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- How Much Do Queen Alexandra's Birdwings Sell For?
How to Catch a Queen Alexandra's Birdwing in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Queen Alexandra's Birdwing butterfly in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you'll need a net and a knowledge of where to find them, which we've laid out for you below.
- Queen Alexandra's Birdwings appear between the months of May-September (in the Northern Hemisphere) and November-March (in the Southern Hemisphere).
- Birdwings only appear in the daytime, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. There's no way to encounter them at night.
- While this is the case, they have a chance to flutter around the island. Some have said that they're more likely to spawn above or around flowers, but we've yet to confirm this.
- Look for a largish butterfly with green, almost glassy-looking wings and a yellow body. They don't flee when approached, so run up to it and use your net.
- Birdwings are very rare; even when all the conditions for them to appear are met, it may take a while for one to do so. Better to explore your island as normal, but to always have a net and an eye out for if one appears.
How Much Do Queen Alexandra's Birdwings Sell For?
Birdwing's rarity and beauty mean that you can sell them for 4000 bells each, or wait to sell them to Flick for 6000 bells (if you need a primer on Flick and his appearances, check here). This kind of price means you should definitely try and grab one if you see them, as it's a pretty high value for a low effort. That being said, the difficulty in getting them to spawn means it's not really easy to farm them, you just have to wait for them to show up and cross your fingers. Though nothing like as valuable, it's easier to farm bugs like Pondskaters, which we've outlined here.