The Rosalia Batesi Beetle is one of the more colorful bugs in Animal Crossing New Horizons, a vibrant blue insect with long antennae. We'll explain here how to catch a Rosalia Batesi Beetle, and how many bells you can make off them.
On this page:
- How to Catch a Rosalia Batesi Beetle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- How Much Do Rosalia Batesi Beetles Sell For?
How to Catch a Rosalia Batesi Beetle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Rosalia Batesi Beetle in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you'll need to equip your bug-catching net and set up the conditions for this bug to appear. When hunting Rosalia Batesi Beetles, remember the following:
- Rosalia Batesi Beetles appear between May and September (in the Northern Hemisphere) or November and March (in the Southern Hemisphere). They won't appear outside of these months.
- However, they are not limited to a certain time of day. Within this bracket they can show up at any point during the day or night.
- Rosalia Batesi Beetles only spawn on tree stumps, which you can make by cutting down trees. If you don't know how to do that, we've explained it here.
- The best way to catch them is to cut down numerous trees, walk away and return to the stumps to see if a Rosalia Batesi Beetle has spawned on them. There's also a chance that there will be other bugs on the stumps, such as the Violin Beetle.
- You can identify your target by an aquatic blue color, black spots and a long body with matching antennae. Once you see it, equip you net and hold A to approach slowly, then release to grab it when close enough.
We've been busy plugging away on a bunch more Animal Crossing New Horizons guides. You can find close to 100 guides right here on USG, and if you head to our AC: New Horizons Walkthrough you'll see them all in one handy place. From guides on the different kinds of buildings, to detailed breakdowns of how to catch specific bugs and fish, we've got you covered.
How Much Do Rosalia Batesi Beetles Sell For?
Rosalia Batesi Beetles sell for 3000 bells in Animal Crossing New Horizons when sold to Nook's Cranny, or 4500 when sold to Flick. It's a good price, meaning you should definitely grab one when you see them, especially if your island has tree stumps as part of its general design.
If that helped you catch your bug, don't be stumped for what to do next. Caty's written about New Horizons' one month legacy right here, or see what we thought of the May Day Maze here.