Though it's not exactly a fish, one of the rarer creatures you can fish for in Animal Crossing New Horizons is the snapping turtle, a short, squat reptile with a nasty bite. Below we'll show you how to catch a snapping turtle of your very own.
On this page:
- How to Catch a Snapping Turtle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- How Much Do Snapping Turtles Sell For?
How to Catch a Snapping Turtle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Snapping turtles are present for a large part of the year, but they're still fairly rare and need to be hunted for at a certain time of day. If you want to go snapper-snatching, remember the following:
- Snapping turtles can be found only in rivers, never ponds or the ocean.
- They are present in April through October in the Northern Hemisphere, and October to April in the Southern Hemisphere.
- They only come out at night. To find one, it'll have to between 9:00 PM and 4:00 AM.
- Their shadows are fairly large, though not the biggest in the game. To be safe, throw your rod at anything average or bigger.
- Even with all this, snapping turtles aren't that common, so you might have to fish for a little while before finding one.
How Much Do Snapping Turtles Sell For?
Snapping turtles are pretty valuable compared to most things you can catch, worth 5000 bells each when sold to Nook's Cranny. You can also sell them to CJ, despite the fact they aren't fish, who will buy them for 7,500 bells instead.
From turtle shells to sea shells to egg shells, everything you'd ever need for Animal Crossing is waiting for you here. You can find Caty's review of New Horizon waiting here, or see how the game's economy is getting a shakeup in the newest report from Hirun here.