With new fish coming to Animal Crossing New Horizons every month, one of the prettiest out there is the angelfish, a small yellow fish with long fins. We'll show you how to catch an angelfish of your own and how much it's worth to the right buyers.
On this page:
- How to Catch an Angelfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Angelfish Shadow Size
- How Much Do Angelfish Sell For?
How to Catch an Angelfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
You can catch an angelfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons by equipping your fishing rod and working under these circumstances:
- It must be between May and October (in the Northern Hemisphere) or November to April (Southern Hemisphere).
- Angelfish appear at night, at any time between 4:00 PM and 9:00 AM.
- They only spawn in Rivers, not ponds or the ocean.
- Even with all these conditions met, angelfish are still pretty rare. You might have to catch a few other fish before you get this one.
Angelfish Shadow Size
Angelfish shadows are classified as "small," the second-littlest shadows in the game. We recommend you aim your rod for anything clearly under medium size, because anything larger isn't going to be an angelfish.
How Much Do Angelfish Sell For?
Though little, angelfish have a pretty high value and are worth 3000 bells each, or 4500 if you can find CJ and sell them to him (if you want to know when he'll come to your island, we have a guide on that here). It's pretty good value, so fishing for angels overnight is a solid way to make some bells the next morning. Alternatively, if you want to see what other fish are currently new to the game, we've got this full guide here.
Why not be an angel and check out some of our other Animal Crossing pieces? Caty's laid out her thoughts on the May Day maze right here, or take a look at Mat's story on what famous Animal Crossing critters are soon to vanish.