Animal Crossing New Horizons features largely the same camera as in the last game. It's a sort of angled top-down view, and can be a little troublesome when you find yourself obstructed by trees and other objects. Here's how to change the camera angle.
On this page:
- How to Change the Camera Angle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Indoor Camera Controls
- Can You Invert Camera Controls?
How to Change the Camera Angle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To change the camera angle in Animal Crossing New Horizons you need to press up or down on the right analog stick. There are three different angles to choose from, each offering an advantage while playing. They are as follows:
- Zoomed out angle - the furthest zoom angle will be essentially a near-top down angle that's good for planting, gardening and collecting items in a small space.
- The mid angle - the mid angle is slightly more zoomed in, and is tilted in a way that you can see parts of the sky. This is the angle that we played the majority of the game in, as it allows you to keep an eye on the skies.
- Close Shot - Finally, we have the closest shot available. This tilts the camera to be in line with your character. The reason this angle is useful is you'll be able to see Balloons more easily (more on those in this guide).
Indoor Camera Controls
The camera does change slightly whenever you are inside your home. You have full control using the right analog stick, allowing you to pan across and see each wall. This is so you have more freedom designing your home.
Can You Invert Camera Controls?
Weirdly, Animal Crossing New Horizons has no options menu to speak of. As such, you cannot invert any of the controls, or change much of anything else, to be honest.