One of the most recent additions to Animal Crossing New Horizons are hedges, allowing you to contour your island with well-crafted topiary. Here we'll show you how to get hedges and what you'll need to craft them, as well as what they can do your island.
On this page:
How to Get Hedges in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Hedges have been added to Animal Crossing as part of the new Nature Day event, in which players are encouraged to think green. However, you won't actually get hedges right off the bat; you'll have to earn them. Here's how:
- Go to Tom Nook and talk to him during the Nature Day event (from 23 April until 4 May).
- He'll tell you about the new Nature Day Nook+ Miles challenges, and mention a prize of some sort.
- Perform the regular, randomized Nook+ Miles challenges at the top of your list until a Nature Day challenge arises. It'll be coloured green with a little sprouting plant symbol to mark it as distinct.
- These challenges are randomized, but generally pretty easy. Complete that, then go to see Tom Nook again.
- He'll congratulate you for your eco-friendliness, and give you the DIY crafting recipe for a hedge!
How to Craft Hedges
Though you might expect them to be grown like flowers or trees, hedges in Animal Crossing actually function like different kinds of fences, something you craft into stacks and then deploy in a line to build a barrier of sorts. To craft hedges, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Clumps of Weeds (10)
- Tree Branches (5)
- Stones (2)
Every time you craft this recipe at a workbench, you'll get 10 separate hedges to set out however you want! Why not try making a few dozen stacks, then building a creepy hedge maze for Jack Torrance to chase you through?
Animal Crossing content abounds here at USgamer, at least until we pay Nook what he's owed. You can find Caty's review of New Horizons just here, or see who's willing to war over the best fruit in all the game.