With some villagers becoming more popular than others in Animal Crossing New Horizons, one of the most loved is Raymond, a grey-furred cat with different-colored eyes. We'll show you how to get Raymond to come to your island here.
On this page:
- How to Get Raymond in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- How to Find Raymond on Mystery Islands
- How to Get Raymond From the Campsite
- How to Get Raymond From a Friend's Island
- Can You Get a Raymond Amiibo?
How to Get Raymond in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To get Raymond to come to your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons you can do one of two things:
- Encounter Raymond as a random villager while going to Mystery Islands.
- Have him visit your campsite.
- Speak to him on a friend's island and invite him to live at yours.
How to Find Raymond on Mystery Islands
You can essentially farm for Raymond by visiting as many islands as possible as fast as you can. Make sure you have a plot of land sold before you go out so random villagers will appear on those islands. Once you visit an island immediately check to see what villager is there (if any), and if it's not Raymond simply go back home and try again. There's no way to increase your chances of that villager being Raymond himself, but by leaping from island to island you can try the odds as much as possible. If you run out of Nook Miles, we've got a guide on how to earn them quickly.
How to Get Raymond From the Campsite
While you have the Campsite on your island, there'll be a small daily chance that Raymond will appear as a visitor. However, there's no way to raise this above the regular level, so it's not really a method you can manipulate, but be sure to check whenever Isabelle announces a new visitor at the Campsite. There's no reason it can't be him.
How to Get Raymond From a Friend's Island
If you have a friend who has Raymond on their island and is willing to give them up, you can arrange that by doing the following:
- Have that friend not speak to Raymond for several days, or even a week.
- Once there's a small misery cloud over his head, visit their island.
- Speak with Raymond and he'll say he's thinking about leaving and going somewhere else. You can invite him to stay with you, and he'll visit within the next few days.
Can You Get a Raymond Amiibo?
Unfortunately at time of writing there is no amiibo or amiibo card for Raymond, as the character was added to the series in New Horizons and there has been no dedicated tie-in amiibo for that game. We'll be sure to update you in the future if that changes, or check this guide here to see how to make use of any Animal Crossing amiibo you do have.
While you're out hunting for the best furry friend a villager could ask for, why not read some of our Animal Crossing content along the way? See Eric's story on Elijah Wood's jaunt through across islands here, or take a look at how a real-world aquarium used Blathers' museum to educate people.