If you own Assassin's Creed Origins for the PC, you're about to be able to customize your gameplay experience in a big way. Later this month, Ubisoft is implementing the Animus Control Panel into the game. Once it's live, you'll be able to tweak many aspects of your environment, your movements, and NPC behavior.
You can, for example, use the Animus Control Panel to increase your character's walking and riding speed, and toggle certain abilities. You can change how NPCs fight and adjust their hit boxes. You can mess with NPCs' detection distances and their movement speeds. But most importantly, you can command multiple animal companions—and Ubisoft illustrates this point with a screenshot of a small hippo army closing in on a target.
Here's exactly what the Animus Control Panel brings with it, as per Ubisoft's official announcement about the upcoming feature:
- 75 parameters within 11 categories
- Three pre-created presets available
- Presets created by players can be shared on a dedicated forum
- The Animus Control Panel is embedded in the Uplay Overlay
The Trials of the Gods continue through April, too. Bring a hippo friend. Bring three.
- April 3–10 → Sobek on Normal + Anubis on Hard
- April 10–17 → Sekhmet on Normal + Sobek on Hard
- April 17–24 → Anubis on Normal + Sekhmet on Hard
- April 24–May 1 → Sobek on Normal + Anubis on Hard
Ancient Egypt is a big, big place, and it's full of people and animals who want to kill you. Be sure to check out our hints, tips, and guides for Assassin's Creed Origins, especially our guide on how to earn money and level up fast.