Firestorm is the battle royale mode which EA has rolled into Battlefield 5. It is the last-man standing, all-out survival mode you know and love, but with the vehicular mayhem and tactile gunplay the Battlefield series is known for. Even if you’ve played every other battle royale game out there, you’ll still need to come to terms with some of the new systems at play here. To help you out, we’ve put together this Battlefield 5 Firestorm Tips Guide. We’ll give you some advice on how to get ahead, so that you can start racking up kills and wins left, right, and center.
For more on Battlefield 5 Firestorm, be sure to check back to this page regularly. We’ll be adding more and more guides as we spend more time with Firestorm, and as new updates are released. In the meantime, you can check out our guides for Battlefield 5’s other modes.
Battlefield 5 Firestorm Tips
Battlefield 5 Firestorm may have only just launched, but there have already been a few clear ways to improve your chances of winning. From choosing a class, to using the storm to your advantage, there are some ways to make the most of the new features introduced by the new Firestorm mode. We’ve listed some of our essential Battlefield 5 Firestorm tips below:
- Inventory Management - Just like in other battle royale games, you will feel the urge to start picking up every item that you come across as soon as you land. And while this is a good way to make sure you have a decent weapon early on, you’ll quickly start to max out your inventory. What you’ll want to do then, is make sure you discard any ammo that you aren’t using, as you don’t want to be caught short when it counts.
- Destructible Environments - this being a Battlefield and all, there’s a lot of destructibility in the environment. Use this to your advantage, and to flush out any pesky campers that you come across.
- Know the Storm - the circle operates a little differently in Firestorm than in other BR games. The firestorm will destroy everything in its path, including any buildings that it touches. Treat this with caution, and make sure you’re not in any buildings that are about to fall down.
- Class camo - visibility in Firestorm is a real problem, but there is a way to use it to your advantage. When choosing a class, keep the camo color in mind, as many choices will give you better coverage than others.
- Doors - doors can be used to show which buildings have been accessed. This goes both ways, so unless you want an enemy to know where you are, make sure you close them behind you.
- Brightness - as we mentioned before, visibility is low in Firestorm. A quick fix for this is to crank your brightness up. This will help massively in indoor areas especially.
- Tanks - tanks are a real gamble in Firestorm, and the process for getting them is extremely risky. The reward is a tank, though they’re actually surprisingly flimsy, so perhaps not worth it by and large.
- Pick Your Fights - you don’t have to go after every enemy you see. Sometimes leaving the area and coming back with better gear is a better tactic, as is avoiding them altogether.
- Gun Rarity - it pays to know the gear that you’re using, and given that each subsequent tier of each weapon offers new buffs and bonuses, you’ll want to get familiar with the weapon system in Firestorm.
- Don’t be Stingy With Explosives - it is often an innate reaction for gamers to be frugal with their items. You’ll want to shake this urge however, as using your explosives is incredibly important in Firestorm. Besides, what good are all of those rockets after you’re dead
Battlefield 5 Firestorm Classes - Class Differences, Which Class Should You Pick
In the base modes of Battlefield 5, choosing your class is one of the most important decisions you're going to make each match. Classes determine the gear you have access to, and the recommended play style you should be adopting. This is not the case with Firestorm, as classes only offer purely cosmetic differences. You’ll start with a knife regardless, and only your uniform will be different each time. Still, there is some strategy to picking your class. Certain choices will give you better camouflage against the environment, especially the allied forces options.
That’s all we have on Battlefield 5 Firestorm for now. For more on the game, why not check out our hands-on impressions of Firestorm, or our Battlefield 5 Review.