It's just two weeks until Black Friday comes storming in with a barrage of new deals for 2019. As it can be so hard to keep track of all the offers across Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One, we thought it would be wise to gather all the best Black Friday video game deals into a single and easy to digest page.
Although there are still a couple of weeks until the mammoth event gets underway, we wanted to bring you all the key information about what to expect from the forthcoming sales. Below, you’ll find the all-important dates and times for your diary, as well as some tips and tricks to make the most of the Black Friday sales. We’ll also take a look at some of the offers we expect to see this November and highlight some of the best PS4, Switch and Xbox One deals currently available.
Best Video Game Deals Before Black Friday
There’s no hugely thrilling video game deals out there right now in the run-up to Black Friday. Understandably, everyone is waiting to drop their fire offers when November rolls around. That said, there are a few worth shouting about if you’re looking for something more immediate. We’ve gathered up the best pre-Black Friday gaming deals right here:PS4:
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Bundle for $399.99 from Amazon US
- PS4 Slim 1TB Console with Wireless Voltedge Headset for $299 from Walmart
- God of War for $19.99 from Amazon US
- Borderlands 3 for $44.99 from Amazon US
- Final Fantasy 15: Royal Edition for $14.99 from Amazon US
- Nintendo Switch - Neon Red/Neon Blue for $298.99 from Amazon US
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition for $49.94 from Amazon US
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $49.99 from Amazon US
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild from Amazon US for $43.94
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening from Amazon US for $49.94
- Astral Chain from Amazon US for $49.94
- Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster from Amazon US for $29.99
- Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age from Amazon US for $29.99
- Xbox One S 1TB Console - Gears 5 Bundle for $248.98 from Amazon US
- Xbox One S 1TB Console with NBA 2K20, FIFA 20, Madden NFL 20 and a bonus controller for $299.99 from Walmart
- Xbox One X 1TB Gears 5 Limited Edition Bundle for $449.96 from Amazon US
- Xbox Wireless Controller - Black for $39.99 from Amazon US
- Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller for $179.99 from Amazon US
- Borderlands 3 for $44.99 from Amazon US
- 3 Months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 from Microsoft Store
- Samsung 70" LED Smart 4K UHD TV for $549.99 from Best Buy
- Apple 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 512GB for $599 from Walmart
When is Black Friday 2019? When Does it Start? How Long Does it go on for?
Black Friday always falls on the day after Thanksgiving in the US. As Thanksgiving takes place on Thursday, November 28, 2019, Black Friday is Friday, November 29, 2019. While traditionally a US event, Black Friday has well and truly made it over the UK now, too, even though Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in the UK.
Although the name Black Friday suggests that the event is a day long, these days it is anything but and is likely to last at least a week. Amazon and all the other big retailers usually kick off their Black Friday deals well before the actual day, and they will likely run over the weekend and lead into Cyber Monday Deals.
Why is it Called Black Friday?
We're glad you asked. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, Black Friday has existed since the early 1960s, with the name a reference to the date marks the first day of the year that retailers are in the black (rather than being in the red). These colors are linked to how accountants record the credit side of an account in black and the debit side in red. Sadly that's not all that exciting, but does at least make some sense.
What to Expect From Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals
With new consoles expected from Sony and Microsoft at the end of 2020, this year might be their best shot at selling a bunch more existing consoles. With that in mind, expect some good deals on PS4 and Xbox One, including the Pro consoles of each. Nintendo Switch seemingly sells no matter the price, but we still expect some excellent deals (perhaps game and console bundles) on the new model Switch and the Switch Lite.
Black Friday 2018 Tips and Tricks to Avoid Paying Too Much
It's worth noting what kind of prices you can expect to pay for the main consoles on any normal day. If you see 'deals' for any of these consoles and the prices are very similar to these we've listed below, it's probably not a deal at all. Remember to factor in any additional games or accessories you get from bundles into the price too, though!
- PS4 Slim – $299.99/£259.99
- PS4 Pro – $399.99/£349.99
- Nintendo Switch – $299.99/£279.99
- Switch Lite – $199.99/£199.99
- Xbox One S – $299.99/£199.99
- Xbox One X – $499.99/£399.99
Here are a few other tips and tricks to keep in mind to have the most successful Black Friday experience.
- Set a budget and stick to it - Easier said than done, but try to give yourself a spending allowance for the Black Friday period. It’s easier to get carried away.
- Don’t rush in - Make sure you look around for the best deals. Ideally stick to the deals we've posted on this very page.
- Figure out what you want before Black Friday starts - If you didn't want a PS4 before this deals period started, do you really want one when it's £15/$15 cheaper than the usual price? Get your targets lined up before the deals start rolling in.
That should just about cover everything for now. Obviously, we will continue to update and expand this page with all the best Black Friday video game deals as the big day draws nearer. You can also give us a follow over at Jelly Deals for even more Black Friday offers across tech, gaming and much more.