Activision is causing a bit of a stir with the way it's handling the Black Ops 4's Season Pass. The Black Ops Pass is included with the Digital Deluxe or Digital Deluxe Enhanced editions, and the physical Pro Edition. While the Black Ops Pass isn't listed to buy on its own, it can be bought for £25 as an upgrade to the base version of the game. For comparison, the CoD WW2 Season Pass was released at £39.99/$49.99.
On the official Black Ops Pass FAQ, in answer to the question on how much the Black Ops Pass costs, the site states: "Black Ops Pass is included with the Digital Deluxe, Digital Deluxe Enhanced, and Pro Editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which also include COD Points bundles and other digital content."
While the FAQ says that the "Black Ops Pass will be available as a standalone offering at a later date," you can in fact easily buy it if you opt for the standard edition of Black Ops 4.
The FAQ details how you can add the Black Ops Pass to the standard editions of Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- PlayStation 4 North America: If you own a copy of the game, you can upgrade your version to the Digital Deluxe or Digital Deluxe Enhanced edition through the PSN Store to receive the Black Ops Pass.
- PlayStation 4 Europe and Xbox One: If you own a copy of the game, you can purchase a separate upgrade to your base version through the PSN Store or Xbox Store to receive the Black Ops Pass.
- PC: If you own a copy of the game, you can upgrade your version to the Digital Deluxe or Digital Deluxe Enhanced edition through Battle.net to receive the Black Ops Pass.
The upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition of Black Ops 4, gives you the following extra content:
- "Classified," a Bonus Zombies Experience, available at launch.
- 4 Additional All-New Zombies Experiences.
- 12 Multiplayer Maps.
- 4 Exclusive Blackout Characters.
- Digital Bonus Items.
- 2,400 Call of Duty Points.
The Black Ops 4 Upgrade is listed on the UK PlayStation Store for £25, but currently isn't available on the US version of the store. Of more concern to many players will be Activision's decision not to release each Black Ops Pass DLC drop for Black Ops 4 as a standalone purchase, meaning you'll need the Black Ops Pass if you want to get any of the content. According to the FAQ, "The contents included in Black Ops Pass may only be purchased as a bundle".
There's currently no word on the price of the Black Ops Pass Upgrade for US players. We'll let you know when the PlayStation Store is updating with a listing. You can get more info on Black Ops 4 on our CoD: Black Ops 4 guide.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.