Burnout Paradise HD Listing Spotted in Japan, Possible March Release Date

Criterion's racing game could be coming back.

News by Matt Kim, .

Burnout Paradise, the classic 2008 open-world racing game from Criterion, could be making a comeback.

According to Gematsu, a Japanese retailer listed "Burnout Paradise HD Remaster (title tentative)" for a March 16 release. Priced at 4104 yen (~$36.28), the HD re-release might be set for a March launch date across both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.

Last year, Gamepress.br unearthed a similar listing for Burnout Paradise on PS4 and Xbox One, this one dated for a March 1 launch date.

No word yet on whether this is just a straight port, or an enhanced version of the game. But considering Burnout Paradise was one of the best-received racing games of the previous generation, I'm sure fans will no doubt be excited just to have the game back in their library.

We've reached out to EA for comment.

In the meantime, Burnout Paradise is actually backwards compatible on the Xbox One right now.

I mean I get why people love Paradise but I just couldn't get into it. Open World tends to be better when you can freely explore. This was just a pain to navigate to get to the different races. And the crash part was completely RNG so trying to build a great chain is all based on your luck of the cars. I prefer the menu base selections of Takedown and Revenge where I can easily do the task I want in a fast enough manner.
    I still have my PS3 and Burnout Paradise complete was on sale for like $5 at one point and I played a lot of it. I still hate the EA login crap.
    This was also rumored for NS. I wonder if it's happening.
    Driving around the city, smashing into things, and discovering new locations was an absolute blast. Too bad the actual racing was so shallow.

Also, I do hope they come up with a better name than "HD Remaster" for a game that was already in HD.Edited January 2018 by DrCorndog
  • Avatar for donkeyintheforest #5 donkeyintheforest 3 months ago
    @moochan I 100%ed both 3 and paradise (except the DLC), and while your complaint about having to navigate to get to races is mitigated by fast travel, I would much rather see a burnout 3 remaster than paradise right now. I think the variety was better, and the crashing was indeed much more fun.
    @moochan Agreed! I perferred the episodic Burnout 3 structure by a mile.

Comments