Zombies has been one of the most popular modes in Call of Duty ever since it was introduced in Call of Duty World at War. Now fans can experience a collection of the best Zombies maps thanks to the Zombies Chronicles DLC for Call of Duty Black Ops 3. Here’s everything we know, including the maps, price, release date and bonus content.
How much is Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles DLC and When Can You Play it?
Zombies Chronicles is the surprise DLC pack for Call of Duty Black Ops 3, coming first to PlayStation 4 on May 16 and later for Xbox One and PC - given that Sony has Call of Duty DLC on a timed exclusive deal you should look for Zombies Chronicles arriving on Xbox One and PC in June. Zombies Chronicles isn’t included as part of the Black Ops 3 Season Pass, so you’ll have to part with $29.99/£24.99 to get your hands on the zombie content.
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombie Chronicles Maps
Zombies Chronicles includes eight remastered maps from previous Call of Duty games from Black Ops 3 dev studio Treyarch. The included maps are from Call of Duty: World at War (where Zombies began), Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. These maps will be very familiar to fans of the originals, but they've been given a complete overhaul in the visual department to bring them up to modern standards.
- 3 maps from Call of Duty: World at War: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt and Shi No Numa
- 4 maps from Call of Duty: Black Ops: Kino Der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la and Moon
- 1 map from Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Origins
Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles DLC Bonus Content
As well as the eight remastered maps, Zombies Chronicles for Black Ops 3 includes a number of bonus items to bring the maps up to date with what fans are familiar with in Black Ops 3. This includes two new GobbleGums and vials of Liquid Divinium.
Players of Zombies Chronicles will reportedly also be able to unlock a number of new calling cards and find a limited edition tin can.
- 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
- 2 All-New Whimsical GobbleGums: Tone Death (silly sounds play when zombies are killed) and Eye Candy (overrides the colors you see)
- Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
- Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4 (exclusive for pre-orders)
- Takeo and Richtofen Calling Cards
- Dempsey and Nikolai Calling Cards
- Zombies Heroes Animated Calling Cards
- Limited Edition Camouflage Tin Can
Call of Duty Zombies Timeline
Did you know that Call of Duty Zombies has a story and a timeline of events? Zombies Chronicles will let players discover the secrets of the story, but this trailer gives an overview of events.
Zombies are coming to this year’s Call of Duty WW2. Developer Sledgehammer is building a ‘boots on the ground’ multiplayer experience but we expect Zombies might throw a few curve balls in its cooperative mode.