A listing for Darksiders 3 has popped up on Amazon, seemingly ahead of any official announcement of the title. The game is listed for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, with a placeholder release date of December 31, 2018.
The previous Darksiders games focused on War and Death, two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Darksiders 3 looks to tell the tale of Fury, the lone female member of the quartet. Fury trades in the sword of War and the scythe of Death for a wicked whip of terror.
Darksiders 3 has fury taking down the Seven Deadly Sins. The product description also points to an "open-ended, living, free-form" world, so it's probably laid out in 3D Zelda style, like Darksiders 2. No specific developer is listed. I'm sure we'll hear more about the game when THQ Nordic officially announces it.
The full product description is below if the listing ends up getting removed:
- Play asFury – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness Fury's magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature