Destiny 2's Warmind expansion is live, and it's brought a bunch of new content to hungry Destiny 2 players. It's also brought a bunch of bugs, glitches, and issues, because that's just a thing that happens when new stuff gets tacked onto a big game. Bungie is currently working on a hotfix for some of the problems, and the patch (update 188.8.131.52) should be available next week on Tuesday, May 15.
Here are the most severe problems Bungie plans on addressing first, as chronicled by the official blog post made late yesterday by Cozmo, Bungie's Community Manager:
- Clan XP Milestone Rewards: We have identified an issue where players are not receiving Powerful Engrams when completing the Clan XP Milestone. Players are instead rewarded with Legendary Engrams, granting rewards under 340 Power.
- Crucible Fireteam Matchmaking: Due to issues discovered at launch, Crucible Fireteam Matchmaking changes introduced in Update 1.2.0 were temporarily disabled. A portion of this feature has been enabled. This will slightly improve the matchmaking experience for solo players vs. pre-made fireteams in Crucible playlists.
- Rat King: Due to an issue impacting Rat King, we have temporarily disabled access to this weapon. Players may experience issues if they currently have the weapon equipped. Signing out and back in to Destiny 2 will resolve these issues.
- Strike Pursuits: We are aware of and investigating issues where strikes may not be tracked correctly for some in-game pursuits. If you run into this issue, follow the mitigation steps.
- Console Performance: We are currently investigating player reports regarding impacted performance on some consoles following Update 1.2.0.
- Contender's Shell Engrams: Players have reported that the Contender's Shell is awarding Illuminated Engrams from Season 2.
- Robes of Sekris: We are investigating an issue that prevents the lower portions of the Robes of Sekris from displaying properly in game.
- Shadow Dance and Salute Emotes: We are investigating an issue that may be preventing the Shadow Dancer or Salute emotes from being accessible in the Emote Collection of players that own the license for these emotes.
- Season 3 Emblems: We are investigating an issue in which stowed Season 3 emblems may not be showing up in the Emblem Collection for players who do not own Warmind.
- Gunsmith Mods: We are investigating an issue preventing players from purchasing some legendary mods from the Gunsmith.
- Boon of the Vanguard/Crucible: We are investigating an issue where the Boon of the Vanguard and the Boon of the Crucible are not currently available on their respective vendors.
- Joining Allies: We are investigating reports from players who get stuck in an endless "Joining Allies" loop when playing in Strikes. Players encountering this issue should report to the #Help forum and include any video footage they have of this issue.
The upcoming hotfix won't fix all these issues right away, and we don't know which problems are being addressed first. Bungie plans to have more info available when Tuesday draws a little nearer. Update bugs are just part of gaming's great and infuriating Circle of Life, so don't stop yourself from reading our guides on Destiny 2's Warmind DLC.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.