Dragon Age: Inquisition probably stands as Bioware's biggest game. Seriously, there's a ton of extra content in the game beyond the story campaign. In fact, the story campaign may be only a small fraction of the overall game!
This USgamer's walkthrough and guide for all side quests in Dragon Age: Inquisition, giving you the hints and tips you need to 100 percent this massive game. We'll take you through Haven, The Hinterlands, the Fallow Mire, and more. I recommend slogging through on your own, but when you get stuck, you can come here for the answer.
Dragon Age: Inquisition Beginner's Tips
- Make a point to speak with as many characters as possible. Some of them will have quests, while others could potentially be recruited as agents.
- Some of your foes will drop research items, take these to Minaeve, the Inquisitions researcher to gain bonuses against certain adversaries.
- Collecting crafting items will allow you to create your own weapons, armor, potions, upgrades and grenades. Picking up minerals, herbs, cloth and animal hides will allow you to use schematics to craft new items.
- Gaining XP will allow you and your party members to level up. Be on the lookout for an arrow icon that will tell you who has recently leveled up, then enter the Character Record menu to choose new abilities.
- Be sure to use the tactical camera prior to engaging in combat, this will allow you to survey the battlefield and get an idea of what you'll be going up against.
Main Side Quest Walkthrough
Haven Side Quests - Haven's Best and Brightest
Haven features a total of six side quests that players can complete, and most of them can be finished at the same time. This batch of side missions serves as an introduction to some of Haven's more useful contacts.
Hinterlands Side Quests - Vault of Valammar
The Hinterlands feature a whopping 42 side quests, as well as the High Dragon (which we'll cover on its own). Following our guide will allow you to complete many of these quests simultaneously, or at least in an efficient manner.
Val Royeaux Side Quests - Sera and Vivienne
After the marathon of side quests in the Hinterlands, the work to be done in Val Royeaux should be a walk in the park. Follow our guide to join the Inquisition, then recruit Vivienne to further your cause.
Fallow Mire - These Demons are Clever, Widris
Most of the side quests in Fallow Mire can be completed while working on Beacon in the Dark, and our guide will help you to consolidate your efforts. The toughest task will be killing Widris, but we can help you with that as well.
More side quest content will be added regularly.